Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Straight to the point, I had sex with my friend's boyfriend, at a party, we were both drunk. But I want to come clean about this to her, but her boyfriend wants to keep it hush hush and "keep seeing me" (Hell no) and I told him no, and he said that he'd make up things and make people go against me? Idk what to do rn??

ReputationRep:
    what a jackass, tell your friend especially the bit where he still wanted to see you on the side.

i honestly dont know how people can cheat.

ReputationRep:
    If you care about your friend you will tell her the truth even if it means she will end up hating you.

Just come clean to your friend.

I've never understood how people can get so drunk they'd do something they normally deem extremely unacceptable...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Just come clean to your friend.

I've never understood how people can get so drunk they'd do something they normally deem extremely unacceptable...
    I honestly would have never done it in a normal state or a "normal" drunk state. I guess I was completely smashed

ReputationRep:
    Accident. You're a troll or a morality free zone.

ReputationRep:
    Thats sad on your friend :/

ReputationRep:
    well

i dk wht to say bout tht. lol

(Original post by Zarek)
    Accident. You're a troll or a morality free zone.
    This is acc genuine. It was an accident. On my part anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her. You messed up, so dont think about yourself rn - it doesnt matter what the consequences are on you, she deserves to know. The longer you leave it, the worse it will get.

ReputationRep:
    There is no happy ending here. Your friend is going to be devastated on many levels. You, most likely, will lose her friendship and maybe some others as collateral damage to be honest. Even though my first thought was what benefit is it to her to know (and there is no benefit, just sadness) but she needs to know the truth so she can make her own evaluations on what she wants to do relationship/friendship wise moving forward. Do mutual friends know about this? They won't keep quiet.
    Sounds like you've still been talking privately with her bf which you should not be doing.
    Expect lots of drama (from her and her soon to be ex) and tears but it is what you and her boyfriend opened yourself up for. I hope that your lesson here is that you will not get that drunk again in the future. There are no excuses of "in normal circumstances I wouldn't do that" - because at the end of the day you did sleep with her boyfriend and really the circumstance as to why doesn't matter. Being an 'accident' because you were too drunk will not be an acceptable excuse for anyone. There is no rationale that will smooth things over for your friend. I know that is tough to hear but it is the truth. I am sorry that you are having to go through this; it is a very difficult situation. It won't be kept a secret if others know and it will only be made even worse if you don't come clean to her. I don't know the best way to suggest you approach her but it you have a good mutual friend that you trust, tell her, and ask her to accompany you for morale support. But the person you tell has to be trustworthy not to spread the news until you've had the chance to be honest with your friend. I do wish you good luck....this will pass....it will just be a bumpy road for a while until it does.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway you look at it somebody is going to get hurt, BUT you shouldn't of done it in the first place. What you did was wrong and what he's doing is wrong, she hasn't done anything yet she's going to be the person who ends up getting hurt the most, which is unfair.

You need to ask the boyfriend if you can all meet up and explain to her what has happened, you need to both do it. If not and he doesn't want to you still need to tell her and let her deal with him at another point. But the longer you leave it the worse its going to get for you because its going to eat you up, the worse its going to get for the boyfriend and the worse its going to get for the girl because shes going to say why didnt you tell me sooner.

ReputationRep:
    you can't 'accidentally' have sex, what did you do, trip and fall on his ****?

you should tell her, she deserves to be rid of both of you and to be frank she will find out eventually and hate you even more for lying

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.