How much do top universities care about predicted grades?

Watch this thread
hoping4thebest
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi I do maths, further maths, economics and physics for a level and I am looking to apply for maths with economics at some top universities next year. I am likely to be predicted a B in physics since I did badly this year and in the mock exam (we don't have AS for physics and economics). Overall, if I got predicted A*A*AB, will universities look down on me when they get a lot of people applying with predited grades of 4A*s? Will universities care about the fourth a level prediction? Since most of them only make offers for three A-Levels?

I am referring to the top UNIX like LSE and UCL. I know some other universities don't care as much about predicted grades since they are less competitive but how do top UNIX look at predicted grades?
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by hoping4thebest)
Hi I do maths, further maths, economics and physics for a level and I am looking to apply for maths with economics at some top universities next year. I am likely to be predicted a B in physics since I did badly this year and in the mock exam (we don't have AS for physics and economics). Overall, if I got predicted A*A*AB, will universities look down on me when they get a lot of people applying with predited grades of 4A*s? Will universities care about the fourth a level prediction? Since most of them only make offers for three A-Levels?

I am referring to the top UNIX like LSE and UCL. I know some other universities don't care as much about predicted grades since they are less competitive but how do top UNIX look at predicted grades?
They won't be that worried by your physics.
Big Moisty
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jneill)
They won't be that worried by your physics.
and here i am wallowing in self pity with my E,D A and possible grade from U-A

dam AS sucks for me....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (95)
28.44%
It went fairly well (157)
47.01%
It didn't go too well (55)
16.47%
TERRIBLE! (27)
8.08%

Watched Threads