The Student Room Group

AS Geography Edexcel

Hi!

I´m in Year 12, studying english lit and lang, spanish lit, geography and business. I need some serious help with AS Geography (Edexcel).

I am very bad at Unit 1: Global challenges Section B, in the essay writing. I used to be very good at them but not so much now. I am bad at remembering case studies and stuff like that :s-smilie: Could someone help me or give me some guidelines? I already know about revising from past papers but i would like something a bit more specific...
Hi I study english lit and lang too, as well as geography. For section B, question 7 is usually linked to hazards, either hydrometerolical such as the distribution of typhoons or linked to El Nino and La Nina, or geophysical and linked to tectonic activity. Question 8 is usually linked with global warming and sustainability which is where the Africa and Arctic case studies are brought in. Question 9 is linked to globalisation, global development and is where TNCs and trade blocs and global groupings come up. Question 10 is linked with ideas about population and changes to population, migration (you could bring in Poland/UK) and ageing population. If I were you i'd pick one of the units you're the best at and really revise it, see which case studies you could try and bring in.
Reply 2
Original post by AstridElise
Hi I study english lit and lang too, as well as geography. For section B, question 7 is usually linked to hazards, either hydrometerolical such as the distribution of typhoons or linked to El Nino and La Nina, or geophysical and linked to tectonic activity. Question 8 is usually linked with global warming and sustainability which is where the Africa and Arctic case studies are brought in. Question 9 is linked to globalisation, global development and is where TNCs and trade blocs and global groupings come up. Question 10 is linked with ideas about population and changes to population, migration (you could bring in Poland/UK) and ageing population. If I were you i'd pick one of the units you're the best at and really revise it, see which case studies you could try and bring in.

Thanks a lot, this really helps!! Hopefully it will all go fine. Btw, in some threads i´ve seen that megacities are predicted to appear
Reply 3
Original post by AstridElise

So is Q9 always to do with gloablisation/global groupings? Never realised this as a pattern.
I reckon our world at risk qs will have a theme to them- like they're always about a certain type of hazard. Some past paper had most of the 1st section about cyclones lmao I'd die
Reply 5
Original post by ImagineCats
I reckon our world at risk qs will have a theme to them- like they're always about a certain type of hazard. Some past paper had most of the 1st section about cyclones lmao I'd die

Me too, like **** no... but for real, cyclones could appear?
Original post by lauuu19
Me too, like **** no... but for real, cyclones could appear?

Cant remember what year but it was pretty heavy on cyclones, like the whole of the physical part was on cyclones. Im wondering for our year they could do that on drought? Slide in Africa, El Nino enhancing it, mitigation/adaptation techniques, etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending