Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of Brighton Option for Insurance Choices!!! - ACCOMMODATION QUESTION Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I was wondering if anyone here had any relevant past experiences? University of Brighton does not offer any accommodation for people who make it their insurance choice and for 30% of the people who do make it their first choice, because of limited spaces.

They do send guides for house-hunting and finding roommates but I'm a but worried about results day!

If I do happen to go the University of Brighton as my insurance, is the amount of time, from the 18th of August to the beginning of the course, enough time to find a place to live?

They're sending guides and information now but what they don't cover is this specific situation. I don't want to commit to a house and roommates if it's an insurance offer and there's no definite chance I will be going. But on the other hand I don't want to not apply for anything and then find out I need to find a place to live before my course starts. Also, I live in the north so it's not feasible to go down on a regular basis to go looking for options.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi SarahMarie
    We know that this can be a worry for insurance applicants so we do provide lots of support and information to help you with the process

Lots of students are in the same situation as you each year. You will be able to find a place to stay in that time although you will need to be able to put in the time to find somewhere. You can join our facebook group, where all sorts of students are looking for people to fill vacant rooms or to group-up to find a place together. We run househunting events in the summer too where people can group-up and view properties.

Our studenthomes website is one place where landlords advertise properties directly to UoB students. They adhere to our code of conduct and don't charge admin fees. You can get useful info about househunting in our guide and our friendly Accommodation Team are here to help.

I hope this info is useful to you. Best of luck with your results!

The Accommodation Team

(Original post by sarahmarie96)
    So I was wondering if anyone here had any relevant past experiences? University of Brighton does not offer any accommodation for people who make it their insurance choice and for 30% of the people who do make it their first choice, because of limited spaces.

They do send guides for house-hunting and finding roommates but I'm a but worried about results day!

If I do happen to go the University of Brighton as my insurance, is the amount of time, from the 18th of August to the beginning of the course, enough time to find a place to live?

They're sending guides and information now but what they don't cover is this specific situation. I don't want to commit to a house and roommates if it's an insurance offer and there's no definite chance I will be going. But on the other hand I don't want to not apply for anything and then find out I need to find a place to live before my course starts. Also, I live in the north so it's not feasible to go down on a regular basis to go looking for options.

ReputationRep:
    I am hoping to come to this university through clearing! What is the chance of me having a place in halls as I live in Manchester so I won't be able to commute to university

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Universal Student Living

Universal Student Living

“All-inclusive student accommodation in prime locations across the UK.”

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.