The Student Room Group

Can I still get all A*s for my GCSEs by working very hard starting from NOW?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by themathsgeek
yes, I did my GCSEs last year and I didn't revise until the day before and I received:
Maths (method): A*
Maths (applied): A*
English Lang: A
English Lit: A
Physics: A*
Chem: A*
Biology: A*
RE: A*
Drama: A
Astrology: A*
Business: A*
ICT: A*
Latin: A*
Psychology: A*

I am now happily finishing AS Levels (physics, maths/mechanics, chemistry and psychology) being predicted all As. I wouldn't risk it as it's not advisable- just do past papers:smile:

How did you revise the day before?
It's possible as long as you already know most of the topics - just do past papers

I just started revising for sociology a few days ago and i'm already working at a high A from a C :P

- So it sort of works, but for subjects with lots of courseworks (english/ languages/ history)
- it might not be possible to get an A* unless you got good grades in them (coursework) as well.

Coursework takes too much effort though - i wasted almost 2 months retaking my spanish courseworks but they're up to an A* from a D - so im happy with that :biggrin:

TBH Its very possible for subjects without any coursework - just do every single past paper and learn how to get all the marks, and dont waste your time on the topics you know.
yes, I did my GCSEs last year and I didn't revise until the day before and I received:

I am now happily finishing AS Levels (physics, maths/mechanics, chemistry and psychology) being predicted all As. I wouldn't risk it as it's not advisable- just do past papers:smile:

Well you must have listened very well in class!! or REVISED throughout the year and studied the day before...because you would only just be able to read the whole revision guide the day before, let alone study it.

:hat::hat:

Well you must have listened very well in class!! or REVISED throughout the year and studied the day before...because you would only just be able to read the whole revision guide the day before, let alone study it.

:hat:
I'm badly in the same boat...
Last minute
Looking for my 12A*s and 2As...
Seeming impossible now
Did 5 gcse last year and got 3 A*s and 2 As
Need 9 this year

Its so difficult to be convinced. I will only be convinced if a GENUINE last minute success story comes here and tells me their story. And i'm not talking about someone who probably revised for mocks and knows a lot. I'm talking about genuinely 'Day-before' revision...

No encouragement will help. Probably ONLY a success story and how they managed it
Doing:

Chem
Bio
Physics
Further Maths
English Lit
English Lang
Drama
History
French

HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.HELP.:scrooge:

Not sure if trolling or not? O_O

Quick Reply

Latest