Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do I KAA? Application and analysis bits in particular.

ReputationRep:
    Knowledge - definitions, economic theories
    Application - using the extract and quoting from it to prove a point.
    Analysis - explanation of diagrams

That's how I've been taught it, if you give a question from a past paper I could show you.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  sssasdas.png
Views: 98
Size:  74.9 KB
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    Knowledge - definitions, economic theories
    Application - using the extract and quoting from it to prove a point.
    Analysis - explanation of diagrams

That's how I've been taught it, if you give a question from a past paper I could show you.
    That'll be very helpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sameerio)
    Name:  sssasdas.png
Views: 98
Size:  74.9 KB

That'll be very helpful
    could I see extract 1 if you asking for that 6 marker

ReputationRep:
    Name:  asdasdasdasd.png
Views: 70
Size:  170.4 KB
    could I see extract 1 if you asking for that 6 marker
    Sorry about that. If you can, could you look analysis part for the question as well? Sorry if I'm asking too much.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  asdasdasdasd.png
Views: 70
Size:  170.4 KB

Sorry about that. If you can, could you look analysis part for the question as well? Sorry if I'm asking too much.
    I'm an AQA student so I would even start by defining demand/supply/supply of fish stockOne of the reasons for decreasing fish stock is mismanagement on the government's behalf, as the extract states countries like Iceland and Faroe Islands have exceeded their limits catching 150, 000 tonnes instead of the proposed 100, 000 tones, (you could show this on an d & a diagram but it's only 6 marks) The demand for mackerel for use as feed has risen faster than the stock of mackerel (the supply) therefore supply is scarce and it is no longer sustainably produced, as mackerel stocks may be unable to reproduce no more (as all their supply has been consumed) it means that over the years the supply of mackerel has fallen. Consequently this lack of management means overfishing has occured (second reason) the fish cannot adapt to the rapid depletion of their supply due to increased demand for fertilisers etc, cannot reproduce and so their supply has fallen. Hence showing the depletion of fish stocks over the years. Those two points were fairly similar so I hope I did manage to try and help, what analysis were you looking for?

I have to admit the aqa questions are much easier to explain so I might be slighly wrong in my explanation

ReputationRep:
    I'm an AQA student so I would even start by defining demand/supply/supply of fish stockOne of the reasons for decreasing fish stock is mismanagement on the government's behalf, as the extract states countries like Iceland and Faroe Islands have exceeded their limits catching 150, 000 tonnes instead of the proposed 100, 000 tones, (you could show this on an d & a diagram but it's only 6 marks) The demand for mackerel for use as feed has risen faster than the stock of mackerel (the supply) therefore supply is scarce and it is no longer sustainably produced, as mackerel stocks may be unable to reproduce no more (as all their supply has been consumed) it means that over the years the supply of mackerel has fallen. Consequently this lack of management means overfishing has occured (second reason) the fish cannot adapt to the rapid depletion of their supply due to increased demand for fertilisers etc, cannot reproduce and so their supply has fallen. Hence showing the depletion of fish stocks over the years. Those two points were fairly similar so I hope I did manage to try and help, what analysis were you looking for?

I have to admit the aqa questions are much easier to explain so I might be slighly wrong in my explanation
    Thank you very much for the help. It's just that I didn't understand analysis bit of KAA

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much for the help. It's just that I didn't understand analysis bit of KAA
    Well I hope I helped a bit, good luck!!!!😊

ReputationRep:
    This revision video on how to analyse in AS Micro exams is terrific - well worth a watch:

http://www.tutor2u.net/economics/ref...as-micro-exams

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 13, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.