Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Losing time - went to the bathroom and 'lost' almost 2 hours wth watch

I did not faint, I know I was taking a bath but I'm sure as hell that did not take 2 hours. I just can't remember what happened. This has been happening recently usually once or twice a week? Is it possible that occasional valium use caused some damage to my brain? And no, pretty sure I was not abducted by aliens.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I did not faint, I know I was taking a bath but I'm sure as hell that did not take 2 hours. I just can't remember what happened. This has been happening recently usually once or twice a week? Is it possible that occasional valium use caused some damage to my brain? And no, pretty sure I was not abducted by aliens.
    That's why I take showers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you were taking a bath you might not notice blacking out/fainting since you're sitting down (presumably lying against something), the brain doesn't recognise the lapse in time, its kinda like blinking your eyes...

(Original post by BlueIsTheNewRed)
    If you were taking a bath you might not notice blacking out/fainting since you're sitting down (presumably lying against something), the brain doesn't recognise the lapse in time, its kinda like blinking your eyes...
    Thanks for replying. That was just today's example though but it happens in other random situations too, even watching tv

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replying. That was just today's example though but it happens in other random situations too, even watching tv
    Not trying to worry you but this kinda sounds like narcolepsy...look it up and see what you think?

(Original post by BlueIsTheNewRed)
    Not trying to worry you but this kinda sounds like narcolepsy...look it up and see what you think?
    That's actually falling asleep isn't it? So I don't think that's the case, because it's as if other people don't notice that I'm so spaced out or whatever this is. My brain is such a creep for doing stuff like that!

That happened to me whilst watching TV when I was intoxicated, but that was like few months ago.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Epilepsy can cause blackouts similar to these. It can be easily missed and misdiagnosed.

For example a child in class seems to daydream quite a bit, they sometimes don't listen when spoken to and stare out the window during class. They are diagnosed with inattentive ADHD or the teacher just assumes they're a little spacey and they never look into it. It can be so easily overlooked but you should google it. There are quite a few different types of seizures so you should consider going to the doctor and discussing your symptoms to see what they think.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.