The Student Room Group

Feeling lovesick and he's not even my boyfriend...

My best male friend (who also happens to be the guy I love) has gone away for 6 months to go travelling. He's only been gone 2 weeks and I miss him like crazy already. :frown:
He called me once last week, but the only thing I have atm are the voicemail messages he's left on my phone before he left, which I listen to over and over. I keep wanting to call him but know it's probably best to not bug him.
What makes this pathetic is that we're not even together. We spend a lot of time together as we were friends before becoming colleagues (he recommended me for a position at his place of work).
How do I survive the next 5 1/2 months without him? I feel like my days are unproductive because all I can think of is him. Please help.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My best male friend (who also happens to be the guy I love) has gone away for 6 months to go travelling. He's only been gone 2 weeks and I miss him like crazy already. :frown:
He called me once last week, but the only thing I have atm are the voicemail messages he's left on my phone before he left, which I listen to over and over. I keep wanting to call him but know it's probably best to not bug him.
What makes this pathetic is that we're not even together. We spend a lot of time together as we were friends before becoming colleagues (he recommended me for a position at his place of work).
How do I survive the next 5 1/2 months without him? I feel like my days are unproductive because all I can think of is him. Please help.

Being away from someone you care about is impossibly difficult. Does he know how you feel?

While it is going to be really difficult, as we are talking about a really long time being apart I think it is important to develop healthy coping strategies. What this means is in between conversations and contact with him try to distract yourself, keep busy, see other people. Be strict with yourself don't let yourself sit and look at his facebook or listen to his voicemails. If you don't find other things to do you might find that it is a long few months.
Reply 2
Original post by randdom
Being away from someone you care about is impossibly difficult. Does he know how you feel?

While it is going to be really difficult, as we are talking about a really long time being apart I think it is important to develop healthy coping strategies. What this means is in between conversations and contact with him try to distract yourself, keep busy, see other people. Be strict with yourself don't let yourself sit and look at his facebook or listen to his voicemails. If you don't find other things to do you might find that it is a long few months.

Thanks for the reply. He doesn't know how I feel no. I am trying to keep myself busy. It's just hard. Hopefully it will get easier as time goes on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending