Need motivation to work?!?!

Watch this thread
minion_cute2006
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Basically, as most of you know GCSE have begun! My first exam is business studies on Monday (Cambridge iGCSE) and I'm not being willing to revise. I don't even know why. This whole year I've been a strong A grade so my aim is an A* but I'm just not working. I wake up at 4 am (when I revise best), but now I just sit here and go on snapchat and stuff). I know there're two days left but I just cannot get into the mindset to revise?
Any tips on how to motivate myself? Or force my self to revise?
niv1234
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by minion_cute2006)
Basically, as most of you know GCSE have begun! My first exam is business studies on Monday (Cambridge iGCSE) and I'm not being willing to revise. I don't even know why. This whole year I've been a strong A grade so my aim is an A* but I'm just not working. I wake up at 4 am (when I revise best), but now I just sit here and go on snapchat and stuff). I know there're two days left but I just cannot get into the mindset to revise?
Any tips on how to motivate myself? Or force my self to revise?
This is exactly the same as me, but I am going to force myself to revise by imagining what will happen when I open my results envelope in August if I don't revise now. Good luck with your revision and exams I hope everything goes well for you.
Davide_online
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Your situation is common. There is nothing wrong with you.

You need to be tough with yourself -exam season is a relatively small period of time, with potentially big consequences- but not too tough.

I find the 'pomodoro technique' works for me. You revise for periods of around 25 minutes -some prefer a bit more than that- then have a break of 3-5 minutes in which to stretch your legs, grab a drink whatever, then back for another pomodoro. After a set of 4 you have a longer break- say. 20-30 minutes. I manage between 8-12 pomodoros per day. That may not sound a lot, but it's quality time.

This works for me because the structure protects me from the extremes of doing too much (then burning out and doing nothing), or too little. It's a sustainable 'middle ground'. The sense of progressive achievement as I tick off the pomodoros done energises me to continue, and a break is always near at hand.

Try it and see.
minion_cute2006
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thank you! I can't really do the smaller timed thing because I just extend my breaks for too long. I will however do so but for longer periods of time - every hour. This may help.
Thank you!
Davide_online
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
You are very welcome. I know what you mean about extending the breaks. This very minute I've exceeded the 5 minutes I gave myself to log on TSR and browse!
Nothing, or nobody, is perfect in this world..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (22)
20.37%
The paper was reasonable (35)
32.41%
Not feeling great about that exam... (37)
34.26%
It was TERRIBLE (14)
12.96%

Watched Threads