Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am from Mumbai, India. I study in 12th grade in a city school, I am planning to pursue my further studies in the UK, to be specific I want to complete my 4-year Full-time MEng (Engineering Hons) degree in Engineering Sciences(Mechanical) from one of the top notch universities in the UK.
    As of the admission procedure, I need to apply prior to 15 Oct this year for 2017 entry.
    I will be applying via UCAS which would include my predicted grades, other qualifications and Personal statement and stuff!
    So, for Oxford, is there any specific test which I need to give?
    , Can you guys please, be frank and tell me if I have any chances of getting a place there?

I am a CBSE science student, as of now all the qualifications I have, include my --
    1)10 CGPA in class 10th
    2)I am giving APs in two subjects( Physics and Calculus) hoping for a 5 in both
    3)Also, I will be sitting for 3 SAT II subjects( Phy, Chem, Math)
    I will get their scores out by mid July this year. So, as an Indian student, will there be space for me to mention these scores in my UCAS application?
    4)I will also be giving IELTS test,
    5)and my predicted grades are above 90% overall and in all subjects indvidualy in my class XII CBSE boards!
    So do you think, I will be able to get a place in the university?
    And for Oxford we are required to give an interview, Isn't it? So where will I be giving that interview being an Indian? You must have given your interview, right? Can you guys share your experiance with me?
    By what time will I come to know that I have been offered a place?
    How is the crowd there like? The student life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sohaillibra)
    I am from Mumbai, India. I study in 12th grade in a city school, I am planning to pursue my further studies in the UK, to be specific I want to complete my 4-year Full-time MEng (Engineering Hons) degree in Engineering Sciences(Mechanical) from one of the top notch universities in the UK.
    As of the admission procedure, I need to apply prior to 15 Oct this year for 2017 entry.
    I will be applying via UCAS which would include my predicted grades, other qualifications and Personal statement and stuff!
    So, for Oxford, is there any specific test which I need to give?
    , Can you guys please, be frank and tell me if I have any chances of getting a place there?

I am a CBSE science student, as of now all the qualifications I have, include my --
    1)10 CGPA in class 10th
    2)I am giving APs in two subjects( Physics and Calculus) hoping for a 5 in both
    3)Also, I will be sitting for 3 SAT II subjects( Phy, Chem, Math)
    I will get their scores out by mid July this year. So, as an Indian student, will there be space for me to mention these scores in my UCAS application?
    4)I will also be giving IELTS test,
    5)and my predicted grades are above 90% overall and in all subjects indvidualy in my class XII CBSE boards!
    So do you think, I will be able to get a place in the university?
    And for Oxford we are required to give an interview, Isn't it? So where will I be giving that interview being an Indian? You must have given your interview, right? Can you guys share your experiance with me?
    By what time will I come to know that I have been offered a place?
    How is the crowd there like? The student life?
    Hi there!

Your grades are great so definitely apply! You should probably be able to put APs and the SAT I on your UCAS form but maybe not SAT IIs, so instead of putting them in your personal statement, ask your teacher to mention them in your reference if your scores are good.

Your interview will be a Skype interview and that absolutely does not diminish your chances in any way! One possible scenario is that you may have one interview but with multiple tutors involved/in the background.

Offers are usually made mid to late December, although there have been some years where all the letters/emails come out in January.

For student experiences, check out Jamie Miles, SimonOxPhys and OxVlog all on Youtube.

You need to sit the PAT, so have a look at some past papers online and see what you think.

Here is the website https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...science?wssl=1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by such_a_lady)
    Hi there!

Your grades are great so definitely apply! You should probably be able to put APs and the SAT I on your UCAS form but maybe not SAT IIs, so instead of putting them in your personal statement, ask your teacher to mention them in your reference if your scores are good.

Your interview will be a Skype interview and that absolutely does not diminish your chances in any way! One possible scenario is that you may have one interview but with multiple tutors involved/in the background.

Offers are usually made mid to late December, although there have been some years where all the letters/emails come out in January.

For student experiences, check out Jamie Miles, SimonOxPhys and OxVlog all on Youtube.

You need to sit the PAT, so have a look at some past papers online and see what you think.

Here is the website https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/unde...science?wssl=1
    Hey, Thank you such_a_lady I am glad you think so! I. Follow the links too!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.