Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've accepted the University of Bristol as my first choice for MENG Electronics and Electrical Engineering. The offer was that i need an AAA (Including Math and Physics). But I'm quite certain that I would only get an ABB maximum. Would they still accept me?

ReputationRep:
    It all depends how close everybody else is to the requirements Good luck though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acontium)
    It all depends how close everybody else is to the requirements Good luck though!
    Oh wow :/
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ryan_v_gomez)
    I've accepted the University of Bristol as my first choice for MENG Electronics and Electrical Engineering. The offer was that i need an AAA (Including Math and Physics). But I'm quite certain that I would only get an ABB maximum. Would they still accept me?
    They're not obliged to take you if you miss the offer. If it's a very close miss then there's probably a decent chance they'd let you in (depending on how many others get in) but if it's by two grades, I don't think it's particularly likely. Not that it's impossible, I know people who have got into their firm choice after missing their offer by 2 grades, but I don't think that's very common at all. Try your hardest to get the offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    They're not obliged to take you if you miss the offer. If it's a very close miss then there's probably a decent chance they'd let you in (depending on how many others get in) but if it's by two grades, I don't think it's particularly likely. Not that it's impossible, I know people who have got into their firm choice after missing their offer by 2 grades, but I don't think that's very common at all. Try your hardest to get the offer.
    Ahh okay, well thanks

ReputationRep:
    It all depends for the course, I hate to burst your bubble but it's highly unlikely they would take someone for such a competitive course who doesn't get the grades. Especially if you miss more than one grade.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 28, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.