Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I applied for my student accommodation on Wednesday and have just had an email from the university saying that they can offer me a 34 week contract in my first choice rather than the initial 37 week contract that I applied for. This would mean I would have to move all my belongings out at Easter.

    Therefore, I am wondering has any of the current students here got 34 week contracts and how did it work for you? Is it worth taking it or turning it down and going with my second choice of accommodation?

    speak to your parents, if they're happy to drive you back and forth at Easter and you pack light the only inconvenience is the actual packing which takes a couple of hours on a couple of days but if they're not then you could run into problems

    personally I wouldn't want to put up with the hassle of moving at Easter but it would depend whether the room was 'worth it' (e.g. I'd have done it to have self catered rather than catered but not for a slightly bigger bed)
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.