Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

When's the very latest you can reject-already accepted condit. offer watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When's the very latest you can reject an already accepted conditional offer (firm and insurance) bcos im still undecided! :confused: -Is past Results Day too late?

Please help! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i rejected my firm offer of nottingham about 2 weeks ago and thinking about rejecting my insurence offer of city as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hams)
    i rejected my firm offer of nottingham about 2 weeks ago and thinking about rejecting my insurence offer of city as well
    omg hams! but you love notts! why did you do that? have you decided to take a year out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *skye*)
    When's the very latest you can reject an already accepted conditional offer (firm and insurance) bcos im still undecided! :confused: -Is past Results Day too late?

I think you can reject it at results day. My friend phoned up UCAS and asked them about it, and they don't encourage it but I think you can. You would have to give a good reason as to why you're rejecting your offer if you want to be released into clearing

ReputationRep:

I rejected my conditional offer a few days after results day last year and there was absolutely no problem.

ReputationRep:
    it will depend on the course.

no uni has to release you, most will thought as a good will jesture, with the exception of certain course like medicine, law etc where you may have more of a fight on your hands.

ReputationRep:
    from ucas:

Changing my reply

UCAS will send you an audit letter (AS9), showing the replies that you have made. You should check this letter carefully and contact UCAS Enquiries immediately, quoting your UCAS application number, if there are any mistakes.

If you need to change your replies, you should contact UCAS within ten days of the date of your audit letter. After this date you should contact the colleges and universities concerned directly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    it will depend on the course.

no uni has to release you, most will thought as a good will jesture, with the exception of certain course like medicine, law etc where you may have more of a fight on your hands.
    well. i still dont dont know what im doing yet and im not planning on going to clearing... ive applied for arts courses (that dont require ucas applications) and shud i get thru successfully to those, id be crayz in giving it up. My ucas accepted offers are for psych. (firm +conditional_ Its basically a longgggggggggg story and ive been having seciond thoughts about whther i shud be doing psych (cos im sure i cud well in it and psycholgist sounds kool, but im just not sure if my hearts in it as much as arts ,cos thats been a childhood dream) -A bit of a dilemma then... my teech sed keep both options open for the timebeing cos shud i not get into my psych places, i can go ahead and do art anyway... btu if i do... then that poses a problem. Cos one of my art interviews will be a bit after Resultsdays... so what shud i do? what CAN i do? any advice wud be great thanks!

ReputationRep:
    So... :confused: u mean there's a chance they might NOT release me?

ReputationRep:
    So... :confused: u mean there's a chance they might NOT release me?
    They might not release you into clearing, but you can still withdraw from UCAS altogther.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneezyme)
    omg hams! but you love notts! why did you do that? have you decided to take a year out?
    i decided i couldnt leave london

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hams)
    i decided i couldnt leave london

city is in london. so now are you going to ucas extra or clearing or what? atleast now that you'll be in london i'll be able to see you when i visit home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mg84)
    They might not release you into clearing, but you can still withdraw from UCAS altogther.
    Withdraw? That means sending the little form off attached to that info booklet from ucas, right? So... that means my offers wud be gone and i cant go into clearing (until the nmext yr at least), rite?

So, when's the latest i can withdraw from ucas (if i decide too? is sometime after Results Day, far too late??? :confused:

Please help!

ReputationRep:
    Withdraw? That means sending the little form off attached to that info booklet from ucas, right?
    Yes

So... that means my offers wud be gone and i cant go into clearing (until the nmext yr at least), rite?
    Yes

So, when's the latest i can withdraw from ucas (if i decide too? is sometime after Results Day, far too late???
    As long as you don't leave it too long after results day it shouldn't be a problem. Even if it was, they can hardly force you to go to university unwillingly!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.