Turn on thread page Beta

The Guardian University league table watch

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, im doin law at uni. i did alevels in math physics chem art and eng and forcast all a grads. ne1 know wher apu is in da leg tabs? cos dats da only plac i applid to! an is ne1 els goin ther?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stuey D)
    Well yeah, you are, but it's likely in a lot of places now isn't it! I'm not suggesting that if you like a uni and it has a grey building to run for the hills, but I think that atmosphere is crucial, and Essex had a bad atmosphere when I went there!
    I have never been so I wouldn't know, in fact I don';t even know if its city or countryside based! I agree attomopshere is essential though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    hey guys, im doin law at uni. i did alevels in math physics chem art and eng and forcast all a grads. ne1 know wher apu is in da leg tabs? cos dats da only plac i applid to! an is ne1 els goin ther?
    Well at any university or college they expect you to write in english. I didn't understand a word of what you have just said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    From here? http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...410295,00.html

That's the Sunday times not the times (the league tables are both different :rolleyes: )

The full details of subject quality assessments are available here: http://www.qaa.ac.uk/revreps/subj_index.asp
    whats the difference between the sunday times and the times?

ive only seen and can find the sunday times.

edit : the Qaa review seems really good for teesside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])
    whats the difference between the sunday times and the times?

ive only seen and can find the sunday times.
    I think the Sunday Times is based on the newer data is is published in around September, the Times is older and published in around July. I think when the new Sunday Times once are published in September they will be based on 2002 statistics. PQ will know more.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the links, im feeling much better after reading the qaa review.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    For the subject of computer science Teeside dosn't seem to that well from the last time I checked. The Guardian is a load of sh*t. The Times league tables are probably a bit more accurate.

All league tables are a bit miss leading anyway. If you like the university and think its right for you just go.
    AT please stop giving "advice" when you don't know what you are talking about .
    Although Teeside isn't a particularly strong university at all, computer science is one subject that it is actually relatively good at.

ReputationRep:

What is apu?
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    What is apu?
    :rolleyes:
    Anglia Polytechnic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Anglia Polytechnic?
    I think so too. I feel compelled to make a comment on Boss Lady and several others sig - Leekey wears tights? Is this anything to do with him being 'SuperLeekey'? :eek: I am v. dismayed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I think so too. I feel compelled to make a comment on Boss Lady and several others sig - Leekey wears tights? Is this anything to do with him being 'SuperLeekey'? :eek: I am v. dismayed
    It is indeed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [-David-])

Its now 79th. I mean, how the hell can a uni frop from 11th to 79th.

Its really made me annoyed and worried.
    Geez! That IS annoying...... man, it does say soemthing about the tables.

Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    Lol
    Oh dear, you haven’t even refuted it! Look at my sig Leekey – just to help spread the news

Oh dear, you haven’t even refuted it! Look at my sig Leekey – just to help spread the news
    You'd think I'd be uncomforable wouldnt you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BossLady)
    AT please stop giving "advice" when you don't know what you are talking about .
    Although Teeside isn't a particularly strong university at all, computer science is one subject that it is actually relatively good at.
    WTF?

I said its not rated good on the league tables, but league tables aren't everything and are to be treated with a pinch of salt. Therefore I was defending Teeside.

ReputationRep:
    Could somebody translate this for me please?

T.I.A

(Original post by bratcat)
    Could somebody translate this for me please?

T.I.A
    My broken random speak is a bit rusty but I'm getting somthing like...

"Hello you fine people, I plan to undertake a degree in Law. I have studied Mathematics, English, Physics, Art and Chemistry to advanced level. Does anyone of you fine chaps have the foggiest where Anglia Polytechnic ranks in these spiffing league table whatsits? I've applied there and was wondering if any other fine fellows have done the same?"

...like I said it's been a while since I had to translate.

ReputationRep:
    WTF?

I said its not rated good on the league tables, but league tables aren't everything and are to be treated with a pinch of salt. Therefore I was defending Teeside.
    WTF yourself.

AT this has really begun to bug me....you posting when you really don't know what you're talking about
    Let me refresh your memory:
    For the subject of computer science Teeside dosn't seem to that well from the last time I checked. The Guardian is a load of sh*t. The Times league tables are probably a bit more accurate.

All league tables are a bit miss leading anyway. If you like the university and think its right for you just go.
    You clearly don't KNOW about the university outside league table rankings. I don't know why you are encouraging the post starter to check out the Times subject tables if you think they're crap (which they are) either.Teeside does indeed have a very decent comp sci department, both the Times and Guardian rankings are pretty irrelevant imo. The only pertinent part of your post was the last paragraph. The analysis of Teessides comp sci dept using whichever table it was you were using and the encouragement to use the Times subject tables are misleading and quite unhelpful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leekey)
    My broken random speak is a bit rusty but I'm getting somthing like...

"Hello you fine people, I plan to undertake a degree in Law. I have studied Mathematics, English, Physics, Art and Chemistry to advanced level. Does anyone of you fine chaps have the foggiest where Anglia Polytechnic ranks in these spiffing league table whatsits? I've applied there and was wondering if any other fine fellows have done the same?"

...like I said it's been a while since I had to translate.
    SuperLeekey....he can do everything!!! Wear Tights, put his underwear ontop of his trousers, know how to use make-up.....and translate random text talk type posts that make everyone else's eyes cringe!!!
    Gooooo SuperLeekey!!!

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.