Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am an 18 year old female and right now feel like crying.

Those people I call acquaintances don't seem to be so.

They comment on my clothing and mock my appearance.

I don't have any real friends, partly because I don't see anyone I can relate to

People just make comments behind my back such as "she wears the same clothes to college everyday" and sometimes I can hear them.

One girl even said" you know you need to change your appearance" because what I wear is "abnormal" for the weather.

Well, the thing is, the weather is unpredictable so me wearing a long sleeve top and a red coat should not bother you.

They also say that my hear is messy which is true in a way but right now, how does that affect them.

I know I should take care of myself more as a woman(my hair, not wearing the same top three times a week)?

ReputationRep:
    Not that's fine. Honestly **** them because I wear my suit for a couple days. So screw these idiots

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like it's mainly to do with an appearance issue. I suggest investing in some new sets of clothes. Mix and match, but try not the wear the exact same outfit more than once a week.

Also wearing your hair long and washing it once or twice a week, maybe brushing it as well should be just fine

Another thing I've discovered; if you have something about you that's deemed desirable by the opposite sex. Then wear something that demonstrates these features (for me, I am fairly muscular so I wear shirts that show off that off)

ReputationRep:
    Tell them to get a hobbie, if contemplating your appearance takes up all their time, they clearly lead very boring lives lol

ReputationRep:
    Rather than change to someone who copies them just take this as a chance to go out and explore different clothing options to see what you like; who knows you might decide to change your style

Also sounds like you already see where there are some issues (i.e. IMO wearing the same top for 3 days is not very hygienic) but don't let these people get you down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I don't have any real friends, partly because I don't see anyone I can relate to

People just make comments behind my back such as "she wears the same clothes to college everyday" and sometimes I can hear them.

One girl even said" you know you need to change your appearance" because what I wear is "abnormal" for the weather.

Well, the thing is, the weather is unpredictable so me wearing a long sleeve top and a red coat should not bother you.

They also say that my hear is messy which is true in a way but right now, how does that affect them.

I know I should take care of myself more as a woman(my hair, not wearing the same top three times a week)?
    They are clearly quite rude people that you associate with, maybe they are immature and don't understand that comments can hurt sometimes.

Maybe buy some more clothes and form yourself a 'uniform' of sorts? Like wear one different thing for each different day of the week. With respect to your hair as long as it's clean and not greasy it shouldn't be an issue.

Do you wash your clothes that you wear everyday? If no then they might smell which causes the comments and people to not want to associate with you

ReputationRep:
    I got bullied throughout my school and college years. Young people are fickle and you should do your best to rise above it.

I bet you're fine, appearance wise, and screw what people think about your clothing.

Need a friend? PM me.

ReputationRep:
    Next time you hear them make those comments, you knock them the **** out!!!

ReputationRep:
    i guess realistically we don't need different clothes everyday of the week as long as you don't stink and bathe it's probably everyone else who has a messed up mentality. However brush your hair and look neat.

ReputationRep:
    Women are held to a higher standard of appearance, hygiene and cleanliness than men and I wouldn't ever wear the same thing all the time so for you to do it as a woman is worse.

They're telling you what the problem is and sounds like they're doing you a favour so you can either take their advice, or find a social circle of others with similar disregard for their appearance. Although I don't see why anyone would consciously choose the latter, I bet most women would anyway out of pure sloth.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    They clearly have their own insecurity issues if they feel the need to mock you like that.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anonymous;[url="tel:64767755")
    64767755[/url]]I am an 18 year old female and right now feel like crying.

ok first thing don't listen to them and if they keep doing it again and again walk straight up to that girl and say "well u think u r so pretty" and slap her on the face and after that if she complains to the authority tell them what she did to u and u couldn't take it any more
    well fr one reason i think that u would be really pretty and they r just jealous of u !!!!! so dont let them get on ur head and wear whatever you like ...

ReputationRep:

Change your clothes and your hair...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try and leave your college if you can at the end of this year? If you're doing your A2's this year and then intend on going to uni, or a job or apprenticeship then I guess just try to ignore them, maybe play music in your earphones while doing work or just confront them and be honest, they probably can't hold a normal conversation if they talk about you so they do it because it gives them something to talk about, pathetic I know. It makes them look like an idiot, not you. Or also - maybe tell a teacher if they could move you into another class? Hope everything goes well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OddFuturez)
    Not that's fine. Honestly **** them because I wear my suit for a couple days. So screw these idiots
    Lol that's basically every male in my sixth form :augh:

ReputationRep:
    Just buy some really cheap simply cloths even if their second hand this is not Kosovo you need to actually think about cloths in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    But remember if they don't like you they may just pick holes in what ever you wear!

ReputationRep:

You're the same as me, I wear long sleeves and a coat to school, today I wore a navy trench coat and a long sleeve XD

You shouldn't change your appearance because someone else says so!

ReputationRep:
    Well can't really say anything new which hasn't been already said other than to tell them to go do one for being rude and obnoxious. If they wanted to comment on your appearance to help you change then they could have had the courtesy to tell you in private. Regarding wearing the same shirt 3 days in a row, trust me once you get to uni its worse for some people; especially during exam time. Besides if it's clean and doesn't smell of BO or have obvious stains what's it to them, for all they know you have multiples of the same shirt. It's not harming anyone and all they're doing is being spiteful because they can.

ReputationRep:

just change your hair and your clothes... ignore everyone else on this thread, saying **** like: 'its ok'.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.