AdamCooper98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What's everyone guessing will come up on the English Legal System exam for OCR on the 17th May?
Stembie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by AdamCooper98)
What's everyone guessing will come up on the English Legal System exam for OCR on the 17th May?
Sentencing
ADR
Magistrates
Solicitors/Barristers
Judges
Stop and Search ( Bail, Mode of trial, powers to search, arrest )
jamesharrison654
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got told judges will not come up. But lets be fair sentencing one of the bigger topics didn't come up last year so who knows what they could get rid of! I hope for Legal personal, magistrates, judges and police powers
Stembie
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jamesharrison654)
I got told judges will not come up. But lets be fair sentencing one of the bigger topics didn't come up last year so who knows what they could get rid of! I hope for Legal personal, magistrates, judges and police powers
tbh i don't want judges to come up, I am re-siting and i had to teach re teach myself everything.
Judges came up last year but my teacher reckons its coming up again

the Civil Court Structure is due to come up (Woolf reforms)

i'm praying for Sentencing,Magistrates, Mode of trial and Powers to stop and search ( i'd cry if they came up )
Amberhs99
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have revised sentencing, police powers, magistrates, ADR, legal profession, pre-trial and a little of judiciary! I'm really worried that the questions I haven't done will come up (juries, criminal appeals, civil cases, bail etc) but I guess we'll find out tomorrow 😂 Good luck everyone!!
Emily Austin
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was told by my teacher that these topics come up (usually) every year: legal profession, lay people, judges, police powers and sentencing.
She also said that it is likely that ADR, bail and criminal courts will come up, as they're due and are rotated round. Hope that helps!
laylacairns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bail was on last year, so unlikely to come up again the year after
sconesaresuper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My teacher said that it'll probably be a pretty easy paper this year because apparently last year's one was a bloodbath, so he's saying it'll be ADR, stop and search, barristers, sentencing, law reform the judiciary and civil courts
jamesharrison654
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sconesaresuper)
My teacher said that it'll probably be a pretty easy paper this year because apparently last year's one was a bloodbath, so he's saying it'll be ADR, stop and search, barristers, sentencing, law reform the judiciary and civil courts
If that was right I would be so happy.
Atomix330
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We've been told ADR, sentencing, stop and search, powers of arrest, magistrates, barristers, civil appeals, judicial diversity...
jamesharrison654
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well then guys it was horrible nothing I wanted came up
RebeccaHollins
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone else think that paper was awful?
Atomix330
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That paper was really nice - I think I may have muddled up S24 powers of arrest and the civil use of juries but beyond that it was great. The sentencing question and Q7 scenario was really nice. The Q2 High Court question needed a good knowledge of civil appeals. Bail was nice part a but a nastier part b and unexpected.
laylacairns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RebeccaHollins)
Anyone else think that paper was awful?
I'll be lucky if I got a C, and I was aiming for an A
jamesharrison654
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Atomix330)
That paper was really nice - I think I may have muddled up S24 powers of arrest and the civil use of juries but beyond that it was great. The sentencing question and Q7 scenario was really nice. The Q2 High Court question needed a good knowledge of civil appeals. Bail was nice part a but a nastier part b and unexpected.
Why did u use arrest for Ngl I hated the paper I like police powers and setencing was average and so was the juries but the Q2 was horrific
Atomix330
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jamesharrison654)
Why did u use arrest for Ngl I hated the paper I like police powers and setencing was average and so was the juries but the Q2 was horrific
PACE - S24, S26, S46
Magistrates' Court Act - S1
S117 PACE - reasonable force.
S24(5) - necessity test.
Terrorism Act 2000 - S41

Cases: Richardon. Taylor.

Could have had more on: caution, must be aware they are being arrested and why they are being arrested.
RebeccaHollins
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
there wasn't a question on arrest was there? it was detention
jamesharrison654
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RebeccaHollins)
there wasn't a question on arrest was there? it was detention
Yeh it was a detention and samples question
mehraz124
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Paper was okay ig. I ended up doing juries, sentencing, civil courts and police powers
jamesharrison654
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mehraz124)
Paper was okay ig. I ended up doing juries, sentencing, civil courts and police powers
Hey thats what i did aswell i think they were good can i ask for section b what did u talk about ?? (if u remember)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (73)
53.68%
Yes, but I want to swap them (10)
7.35%
No, but I know who I want to choose (14)
10.29%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (34)
25%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (5)
3.68%

Watched Threads