Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone I hope you're doing good.i just wanted to ask a quick question. So I want to get into a medicine school and hopefully be a surgeon in the future. However many have told me that I need at least 3 A-levels and one has to be definitely biology. I couldn't do biology A-Level as my science grade wasn't good enough for it. My GCSE grades are;
    MATHS; C
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE; B
    ENGLISH LITERATURE; B
    CORE SCIENCE; C
    ADDITIONAL SCIENCE; C
    SOCIOLOGY;B
    MEDIA STUDIES;C
    RELIGIOUS STUDIES; C
    A FOREIGN LANGUAGE; A*
    I'm doing Health and Social Care Level 3 at college now. I was just wondering if i can still get into a medical school with these grades, and if i can how. Im not sure but my friend told me that i can get into a 'foundation' year and apparently i go university a year more. my predicted grade for Health and Social Care is D* D* D*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ozkes)
    Hi everyone I hope you're doing good.i just wanted to ask a quick question. So I want to get into a medicine school and hopefully be a surgeon in the future. However many have told me that I need at least 3 A-levels and one has to be definitely biology. I couldn't do biology A-Level as my science grade wasn't good enough for it. My GCSE grades are;
    MATHS; C
    ENGLISH LANGUAGE; A
    ENGLISH LITERATURE; B
    CORE SCIENCE; C
    ADDITIONAL SCIENCE; C
    SOCIOLOGY;B
    MEDIA STUDIES;C
    RELIGIOUS STUDIES; C
    A FOREIGN LANGUAGE; A*
    I'm doing Health and Social Care Level 3 at college now. I was just wondering if i can still get into a medical school with these grades, and if i can how. Im not sure but my friend told me that i can get into a 'foundation' year and apparently i go university a year more. my predicted grade for Health and Social Care is D* D* D*
    If you have a look at all medicine courses entry requirements, they all require A-levels (Chemistry is required, and others also ask for Biology). I would recommend applying to a foundation course

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I dont think you can with the Health and Social Care BTEC most of the BTEC entry requirements for the 5 or so medical schools that accept BTEC, state specifically the Applied Science BTEC

EDIT: ignore what i said above, see these links:

https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergra...oundation-year
    http://www.keele.ac.uk/medicine/mbch...teshowtoapply/ - click A104 and scroll to BTEC

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.