Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who else is freaking out about English lit? Hopefully not just me.
    I have 2 weeks until my poetry exam, anyone have any ideas for The CLASHES AND COLLISIONS section: I need a poem to compare with August 6 1945?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am! I'm doing the relationships section........ So if anyone has any help on how to compare poems there as well, that would be so helpful

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing OMAM? 47 Marker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OHamdy)
    Are you doing OMAM? 47 Marker
    Yep. And Jekyll and Hyde......

What are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy_Owl)
    Yep. And Jekyll and Hyde......

What are you doing?
    My exam board is edexcel by the way

ReputationRep:
    same any predictions on omam? i am doing animal farm as well
    My exam board is edexcel by the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OHamdy)
    same any predictions on omam? i am doing animal farm as well
    I'm doing both those... For Literature I have a feeling its gonna be a question about Slim, hes never come up. Although it could also be Lennie, Curley or Curley's wife as they came up back in 2011/2012

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am! I'm doing the relationships section........ So if anyone has any help on how to compare poems there as well, that would be so helpful
    I'm doing that exam as well. Idk how ur teacher told u what to write in ur exam in terms of structure but for me the best format to get the top marks is to do one paragraph on subject, speaker and tone and compare it to another poem, then doing language analysis, where there's either two similar language features in both poems and 1 different one or 2 different ones and one similar language feature, compare those in detail. The next paragraph would be form and structure, things like enjambments, rhyming scheme, stanza sizes etc. Compare form and structure for both poems. Then if u have enough time do a paragraph on visual imagery where there is imagery presented in the poems and why it is used in each poem.
    For the unseen poetry question, do the same thing but don't compare it to another poem as its only one question.
    Good luck with the exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eg1472)
    I'm doing both those... For Literature I have a feeling its gonna be a question about Slim, hes never come up. Although it could also be Lennie, Curley or Curley's wife as they came up back in 2011/2012
    I have a feelings it gonna be either slim, Lennie or George . If they give Curley I'm gonna be annoyed but curley's wife would be good, seems unlikely tho,

ReputationRep:
    My teacher told us to get full marks on comparing poems, first summarise them both, then do the comparison like "In poem A.... Blah blah blah" and then your paragraph and then "however/ similarly in Poem B... Blah blah blah" and keep going back and fourth as some people like to analyse one poem and then do the comparison after. Hope that helped? ☺️

ReputationRep:
    I feel like OMAM is going to be Curley because he hasn't come up nearly at all, I hope it isn't slim though, does anyone know what you'd write about slim?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sajjad_K9)
    Here's some stuff about Slim
    Thank you☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heena.alia)
    I have a feelings it gonna be either slim, Lennie or George . If they give Curley I'm gonna be annoyed but curley's wife would be good, seems unlikely tho,
    So Slim?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Animal Farm and To Kill a Mockingbird. Does anyone have any predictions on the theme that may come up in 1c for Animal Farm?

ReputationRep:
    im doing of mice and men and animal farm. what do you think is going to come up for animal farm? i thinks its going to be about benjamin

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.