The Student Room Group

TSR on Urban Dictionary

How accurate do you think the current definition is?

An online message board for students. Most users are smug preening tossers who think anything lower than an A* grade means you fail at life forever and will be doomed to work at McDonalds unless you do Physics, Maths or Chemistry. TSR also has an unhealthy obsession with Oxbridge, engaging in daily masturbation sessions to the Times Online League Tables and exiling anyone who doesn't get into a university within the top 5.

TSR users won't hesitate to use their signatures to remind you exactly of their A* grades, what their UCAS choices are along with some 'hilarious' lolcat picture that takes ages to scroll past. Politically, TSR users are extremely left wing, so if you dare say anything bad about immigration, multiculturalism, Islam, feminists, the EU, Marx or the Labour party, you will be torn to pieces, called any combination of the words 'scum', 'racist', 'sexist', 'fascist', 'bigot' or worst of all; 'Tory'. Yes, support the Tories and you might as well tattoo a Swastika on your arse and put "HEIL HITLER" as your sig. There is also a 'rep' system. If you aren't a raging left winger who bums Marx and hails multiculturalism as the Second Coming, prepare to get negged to hell and back. If you want rep, start arse-licking the members with high rep. These tend to be the biggest ***** of all, holding themselves in such high esteem that if their head were any further up their arse, they'd be ingesting stomach acid.Example of a discussion on The Student Room:

"I think the current economic situation wasn't only caused by the bankers, but Labour's overspending as well."

Reply: "OMMFMFFFG NO IT WAS THATCHER AND TORY SCUM LIKE U STEALIN FROM THE POOR NEG NEG NEG NEG NEG NEG"

Your current rep: -1000 (and that's if the bastards are feeling generous)

"Hey I got my results back. I got a B in English Literature, an A in Maths and a B in ICT."
Reply: "HAHAHAHA ABB YOU SUCK, YOU'RE DUMB, YOU WILL FAIL LIFE 4EVER. AND YOU DO ICT, LOL MICKEY MOUSE SUBJECT. I GOT A*A*A*. KNOW WHY? BECAUSE IM OXBRIDGE MATERIAL
Eh close enough.
Original post by queenofswords
Physics, Maths or Chemistry.

More accurate if it read STEM instead :¬)
It's a perfect description of TSR before neg rep was removed.

Since then the website has veered slightly to the right, whereas before it was almost entirely left-wing.

The Oxbridge obsession used to be more pronounced as well, but since ISA left that has toned down somewhat.
You should read the Encyclopedia Dramatica entry :lol:
Original post by tengentoppa
It's a perfect description of TSR before neg rep was removed.

Since then the website has veered slightly to the right, whereas before it was almost entirely left-wing.

The Oxbridge obsession used to be more pronounced as well, but since ISA left that has toned down somewhat.

Whatever happened to ISA?
I wouldn't say so now. TSR has changed a bit since that description :tongue:
Lmaooo!
That description is hilarious

:rofl:
Reply 8
It has toned down a bit since 2014. Hmmm Well I didfnt know I was in such good company TBH but the cambridge forum is dead right now I suppose everyone is swotting for GCSE Stardom. Now I must just check my email from my OXFORD tutor to see if she'll forgive me for missing that quote in my essay I handed in the other day. (and I am a marxist). LOL :biggrin:
Reply 9
This description is at least 3 years old.
TSR has since evolved
Original post by M14B
This description is at least 3 years old.
TSR has since evolved

Darwin suggested this a long time ago. I guess he was right.

Quick Reply

Latest