Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

On your phone, how often does wifi disconnect Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's so annoying when the wifi symbol suddenly changes to 3G, even though it's usually just for a few seconds each time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mostly this happens due to bluetooth interference or multiple wifi channels existing in the same area. Multiple signals can cause interference and the phones drop wifi connections that don't work, the bluetooth can interfere with it. Some laptops have the same issue.

Best way to avoid it is to switch off bluetooth if it's on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geolowiser)
    Mostly this happens due to bluetooth interference or multiple wifi channels existing in the same area
    That's interesting, how do multiple wifi channels affect my wifi though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    omg the wifi in saudi is so ****, im literally pointing my phone at the rota and it doesnt pick it up or im standing on the sofa my phone pointing the ceiling directly above the wifi and it still doesnt pick it up. slow wifi is like dying a painful death

it even picks up another buildings wifi and not my bloody own.

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    That's interesting, how do multiple wifi channels affect my wifi though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Similar to constructive and destructive interference, multiple signals of the same time can get confused. Imagine listening to music and then 30 others start playing music at the same time. Whilst you can still hear yours, the quality will drop and eventually you'll switch to headphones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    omg the wifi in saudi is so ****, im literally pointing my phone at the rota and it doesnt pick it up or im standing on the sofa my phone pointing the ceiling directly above the wifi and it still doesnt pick it up. slow wifi is like dying a painful death

Saudi Arabia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Saudi Arabia?
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)

Whilst your choice of router/phone is much more likely to blame, walls in buildings in Saudi tend to be a lot denser than other countries and signal/wifi is a nightmare indoors a lot of places (worked there for the past three years). So annoying!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.