Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my GSCES this year hopefully i get in to this college i'm dying to get in to LOL I'm excited.
    As I've been in the same school for 5 years so... Any A levels students what's the reality of sixth for/college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkrox22310)
    I'm doing my GSCES this year hopefully i get in to this college i'm dying to get in to LOL I'm excited.
    As I've been in the same school for 5 years so... Any A levels students what's the reality of sixth for/college
    for me (I go to a sixth form that is just a part of my existing school) it's just an extension of what school was like before, but with some differences.

No uniform, more freedom to go home/leave school premises, more work, more academic environment, less chavs.

Depends on your sixth form. Unlike ^ I feel like there's less freedom. Constantly nagged about exams and the dress code. I can only leave school early once a week and it has to be after 1:00 . I have to wear a lanyard and be a "role model".

Have an assembly every bloody morning and I'm forced to endure the annoying bleating they call "singing"

ReputationRep:
    My high school didn't have a sixth form so when I left I went to a local sixth form college. I thought I'd be working super hard and getting pressured to do loads of work and would have no free time.

The reality was totally different. I spent all my free periods in the common room doing stupid **** like eating competitions and building forts out of the stools and hiding behind them; when people first got their driving licences we skipped lessons to go to McDonalds; my teachers gave out loads of homework and I did barely any of it which came back to bite me in the arse later; I occasionally went to the library but just used to play GeoGuessr.

The work is harder and nobody will care if you don't do it. And trust me, speaking from experience, that isn't a good thing. It is a lot of fun though and some of your teachers will probably be pretty cool. I miss it more than high school.

Edit: If you've got revision to be doing I don't suggest looking at what GeoGuessr is, I don't want to be held responsible for you not getting into college.

ReputationRep:
    my experience of college was good up until teachers left and were replaced with confused temps who changed work patterns entirely for what they had been
    Spoiler:
    Show
    our original teacher was great even if she demanded a lot of work you did get it done and to a high standard of professionalism the replacement temp didn't know what artisanal ment so rejected a report three times before i just added the definition at the bottom

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.