The Student Room Group

Edexcel International A level (IAL): Physics Unit 6 (WPH06) - 19th May, 2016 - PM

Exam's next week, so might as well. :tongue:

[url="http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-advanced-levels/physics.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Category%2FExam-materials&filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK:Unit%2FUnit-4&filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK[excludedFace]u[/excludedFace]nit%2FUnit-5&filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK[excludedFace]u[/excludedFace]nit%2FUnit-6&filterQuery=category:Pearson-UK[excludedFace]u[/excludedFace]nit%2FUnit-6B"]Past papers

%U calculations

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
6 days left! Going to get started on Jan 2014 now! :yep:
Good luck with the Unit 6 guys! :smile:
KILL IT WITH FIREEEEEE

Spoiler

Anyone have any good notes for all the practicals we need to know? The "1-18" list of practicals is not helpful at all.

Also, anyone know which AS practicals have a chance of coming up?
Does anyone have the mark scheme for January 2016? I have the paper but haven't been able to find the mark scheme anywhere
Original post by the-anonymous-me
Does anyone have the mark scheme for January 2016? I have the paper but haven't been able to find the mark scheme anywhere

http://56leomessiphotoshop.blogspot.com/p/edexcel-january-2016-exam-materials.html
You can get it here :smile:
No problem! Good luck with the paper! :smile:
Original post by luisgr8
Hello everyone, do you draw graphs in pen or pencil in the real exam? I am scared that if a draw them in pencil it might not scan! Thanks!!

Hello! From my knowledge,Yes, for graphs(in Physics) it's advisable to draw using pencil actually. Because if you make a wrong graph, how are you gonna redo it then? There's no extra graph paper.
I studied them from the Teacher's Active book and watched videos on youtube for them. I also took reference from the Hodder Education textbook regarding the practicals.
Original post by luisgr8
Thankss

Most Welcome! Good luck for the paper.
Hope it doesn't go as badly as Chemistry did
Original post by demotivated
Hope it doesn't go as badly as Chemistry did

I hope so too. :frown:

To investigate the discharging of a capacitor, it has to be charged first, which would take some time as electrons have to be deposited on one side of the capacitor until the potential difference is equal to that of the power source (6V in this case)
Original post by demotivated
To investigate the discharging of a capacitor, it has to be charged first, which would take some time as electrons have to be deposited on one side of the capacitor until the potential difference is equal to that of the power source (6V in this case)

Oh. My bad! Thank you! :smile:
Reply 17
So, does someone else has the instinct that "EMF and Internal resistance" thing from AS is cming up in this paper. I donno why but I've a strong feeling x)
EMF and Internal Resistance? lol. How's that possible in Unit 6?
Reply 19
Original post by Aimen.
So, does someone else has the instinct that "EMF and Internal resistance" thing from is cming up in this paper. I donno why but I've a strong feeling x)

Whaat???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending