Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Or is it just something that you highly consider?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiniun)
    >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbfGgta1lLQ

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any motivation really, nothing tangible at least. I just sometimes feel a spontaneous spike of desire to do something for no particular reason.

ReputationRep:
    I would say yes to a certain extent. Usually money is an indicator of success and I always strive to be the best in everything I do.

Although I don't crave to be wealthy, just successful

ReputationRep:
    No. I see it as a basic necessity to get by in life, but I am more motivated by doing something I want to do and not ending up in *****y dead end jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Not really

It's A motivation I guess

(Original post by Kiniun)
    It should be but it's not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Money is useless except as a means to an end, but my 'end' is simply to learn.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is. I didn't do a 6 and a half hour shift today at work for no reason!!

Yup, I've realised that I need to do my best to earn a decent wage, so my children can get all the opportunities I could never have :-)

ReputationRep:
    Of course!

ReputationRep:
    Not in the slightest. Option 2 has always been touring Asia as a monk though so it'll have to do for now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evalilyXOX)
    I would say yes to a certain extent. Usually money is an indicator of success and I always strive to be the best in everything I do.

Although I don't crave to be wealthy, just successful
    i'll agree with this
    if i make £200k a year for the next 30 that would be great but i won't slow down or stop if it happens faster
    but if it wasn't there i would work out how to get there in the next year or 2 if possible even if it means taking larger risks
    large risks make for large rewards

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.