Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got 3 questions wrong on 166 question theory test. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Trouble is, it wasn't the official theory test app. Am I ready?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sounds it. You only need ~44/50 to pass. Make sure you practice the hazard perception test tho, that's the real ballache.

ReputationRep:
    It seems like you know the theory pretty well, so I'd say you're ready for that. The hazard perception part is a bit more tricky in my opinion, so make sure you're prepared as well as you can be for that too!

ReputationRep:
    The theory part isnt too bad.
    The hazard perception is the worst bit!
    Id make sure to practice that bit too!
    But id say youre ready for the theory part!!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys!

I seem to do really well on the hazard perception bit when I do practice it, but I haven't really had a lot of practice, so might need to work on that a bit more.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Have you tried any of the story questions? They're the same idea as regular theory questions, but involve more reading comprehension as you have to look at the story bit and the question at the same time.

You are driving to a friend's house. It is winter and there is snow and ice on the ground. Your route takes you onto the motorway. As you are driving along you see an accident on the other carriageway. You reach your exit and leave the motorway. You then turn left at some traffic lights.

What is the minimum gap you should be leaving between your car and the vehicle in front?

So it's not a hard question as such, you just have to remember to refer back to your story paragraph before answering the question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Have you tried any of the story questions? They're the same idea as regular theory questions, but involve more reading comprehension as you have to look at the story bit and the question at the same time.

You are driving to a friend's house. It is winter and there is snow and ice on the ground. Your route takes you onto the motorway. As you are driving along you see an accident on the other carriageway. You reach your exit and leave the motorway. You then turn left at some traffic lights.

What is the minimum gap you should be leaving between your car and the vehicle in front?

So it's not a hard question as such, you just have to remember to refer back to your story paragraph before answering the question.
    40 seconds, right?

ReputationRep:
    20 seconds.
    Normal (dry) following distance x 10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    Trouble is, it wasn't the official theory test app. Am I ready?
    That is top!

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, stop worrying so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvilShubunkin)
    20 seconds.
    Normal (dry) following distance x 10
    Oh yeah, I was doing wet x 10.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.