Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is this similar to A level maths in the UK (romanian BAC) ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    'Aratati'' means prove that, ''determinati'' = find/find out.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone speaks Romanian?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    Anyone speaks Romanian?
    I thought it'd be easy to figure out because of the maths part being universal? I posted this on a US forum and they said SAT level students would barely be able to do the easiest problems in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Erebor)

Looks quite similar.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like it covers content from C1-4, FP1-3 but not in very much depth with some parts being slightly different to A-Level but it seems to lack any of the other modules that A-Level has M1-5, S1-4, etc...

A good maths student should find the first and third section(?) fairly trivial although some of the terminology and symbols are different.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it'd be easy to figure out because of the maths part being universal? I posted this on a US forum and they said SAT level students would barely be able to do the easiest problems in it.
    What do you mean 'SAT' level? The SAT is a college entrance exam, not sure how there's a level for this. It barely covers UK GCSE content.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Seems like it covers content from C1-4, FP1-3 but not in very much depth with some parts being slightly different to A-Level but it seems to lack any of the other modules that A-Level has M1-5, S1-4, etc...

A good maths student should find the first and third section(?) fairly trivial although some of the terminology and symbols are different.
    I assume this is not the only paper they take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zetamcfc)
    I assume this is not the only paper they take.
    I think it is the only maths paper they take, the others will be sciences/computer science/whatever.

ReputationRep:
    I think it is the only maths paper they take, the others will be sciences/computer science/whatever.
    Ah ok, well if they have a Uni system like the US then it is understandable. Considering how easy the maths part of the SAT is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zetamcfc)
    Ah ok, well if they have a Uni system like the US then it is understandable. Considering how easy the maths part of the SAT is.
    Actually from what I understand, their education system is quite... different to the US and UK. From what I've heard, there's a system of you having to go to a "professional" or "vocational" school depending on your grades, I'm not entirely sure.

ReputationRep:
    Actually from what I understand, their education system is quite... different to the US and UK. From what I've heard, you take exams and if you do well, you can go into a "professional school/uni" otherwise it's off to "vocational school/uni" to you with no choice excepting one resit. But I've likely muddled up the details so perhaps the OP can clarify if he/she feels inclined to.
    Well at Uni I find Eastern Europeans by far the most competent in rigor so what you say is probably true.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.