The Student Room Group

WJEC PY1 EXAM MAY 16th

My PY1 exam is on monday and as I was browsing through WJEC I found an example paper of the new course. I noticed the compare and contrast question:A psychologist needs to explain to his client why they may be better using a therapy from a biological approach rather than a therapy from the cognitive approach. Using your knowledge of both approaches compare and contrast the cognitive and biological approaches and their therapies.

We haven't looked at this question in class, all we have been taught to do is compare approaches through the NURDS technique (comparing their assumptions and how they fit into the nature/nurture debate, if they're useful, are they reductionist, deterministic and if they're scientific). I really need help with approaching this question!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
How did you find the exam? I'm doing the same spec as you I think :smile:
hey guys i also did the exam today
i found it okay, apart from averison therapy and timing was also an issue
how did you find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending