Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    So heres the story I attended university in my home city for a year then I left the course and applied elsewhere which I got in, transferred finance and everything went fine. Attended my first year at the new university.

    Second year rolled up and expectantly the university denied me access to the course. Stating they were not getting funding. It took nearly 6 months on the phone every day to SF to figure out what happened because I wasn't receiving any funding that includes my loan and the university hadn't got their payment through either. Apparently it was found out that my prior university had had me on their system and not removed me so as the second year started up either they took my finance or it blocked or used up my finance. So either the first uni got my second years finance or on the books it looks like Ive used up 3 years funding instead of two.

    Regardless having no way of sorting, stopping or transferring the loan back to my new university I had to leave during the second year been unable to attend or work on my course anyway. I feel I wasn't allowed the opportunity i should have had to get a proper education and was wondering if there was anything i could do to try again. To reclaim the funding or make a case. I left over 2 years ago now. I'm unsure if I had any years funding left I assume I must having only done 2 years total in both universities before been shut out or what happened to my student loans, where it actually went and how much my first university got over my second.

    What can I do? because I would really like to be able to have the opportunity to try again.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there.

    You would have been able to speak to the initial university who could have corrected this mistake and we could've reversed the funding, did you do this?

    It sounds as though we were not told by the new uni that you had transferred, they would've had to send this to us electronically in order to confirm the transfer and without this we would have not paid them.

    You would need to contact ourselves on 0300 100 0607 to see if you are still eligible for any further funding and if these issues can be corrected.

  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.