The Student Room Group

French Listening & Reading & Writing

my french IGCSE is on tuesday and i'm hoping anyone has tips?!!!!
My french exam is on tuesday too!
I have the listening and reading..

Listening:
use your 5 minutes before the paper wisely,

Make notes on words you know, so wen you hear them you know what it is

Make assumptions and notes on your first time listening, confirm your choice on the second round.

Listen for phrases like 'Je ne pas' 'Jamais' 'mal/Heureusement' 'contente', these words will tell you what the statement is about, if it is positive or negative.

If a statement starts with 'd'habitude' (usually) then you know that it will probably be followed by a 'mais' (but) so dont be fooled!

Make a quizlet account!!!!! Its a really good way of learning vocab, make an account if you havnt got one, search for a french class somewhere in the world and then just make sure its edexcel vocab and learn what theyre learning!!

And lastly, dont zone out!!! I do it all the time and always miss the key points!

Reading:
Read everything twice, pick out and underline words you understand, write the meaning in english. It will help you to try figure out what it means.

Again look out for negative and positive words

Read carefully, look out for 'mais' or 'aussi' etc..

Always look at the tense of the word!
E.g the question may be, does she do sports? And in the text she may say i used to do sports.. This implies she doesnt do it anymore so the answer is no! Watch out for these in the exam, the examiners will try throw you off

Good luck!!!

Quick Reply

Latest