Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    Does anyone know the best room type for Elms Village? For example whats the difference between a standard room and a standard premium room, if it's worth the extra money, what extra do you get included etc? Haven't a clue which type of room to apply for!
    Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwilkinson97)
    Hi guys,
    Does anyone know the best room type for Elms Village? For example whats the difference between a standard room and a standard premium room, if it's worth the extra money, what extra do you get included etc? Haven't a clue which type of room to apply for!
    Thanks in advance!
    Personally I would say go for the ensuite of you can afford it, I don't think there's much difference in the premium an standard but that just depends on your personal choice! There's a bit of a difference but I don't think it's worth spending more money on personally 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So the premium rooms have been recently refurbished and have a nicer look to them, so it depends if you are willing to spend extra money for a newly done up room but there are no extra utilities than the standard.
    For the ensuite, I would recommend it if you are coming over from the UK or anywhere else to get it because you won't be going over to your parents house during the weekend. It would be a lot nicer having your own bathroom when you there the whole week round. If you are from northern Ireland and are planning to coming back home for the weekends, I would recommend the standard with a shared bathroom as it is nearly £20 cheaper a week so may not be worth it if you are only up 5 out of the 7 days. The shared bathrooms are also cleaned everyday by someone compared to an ensuite which you will have full responsibility keeping clean yourself.
    That's just an overview of the types of rooms and my own opinion, but it really depends on what you want, would you be willing to spend extra, and if you are willing to share a bathroom with 5 other people.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any thoughts on where a London student would think about staying? Elms or housing? I don't want to be left alone at a weekend if all of the uni local students go home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liam8195)
    Anyone have any thoughts on where a London student would think about staying? Elms or housing? I don't want to be left alone at a weekend if all of the uni local students go home!
    Most students who aren't from NI tend to live in halls in universities but then again you might be able to find some other people who won't be going home every weekend to get a house with. It really depends on what you want.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! I got a standard room at Elms and I'm looking for someone to swap with for College Gardens (either a standard or small standard) as Im really desperate to be at College Gardens (would like to be as close to uni as possible)! If anyone managed to get a room there do let me know if you would like to swap places for Elms! Thank you P.S I'm from Malaysia going to QUB this Sept for law

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.