Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Attracted to a girl that doesn't speak English watch

I'm currently living in France working on my internship but hopefully be living there longer afterwards. I live with all international people, some speak English but not well and I don't know French but i'm having lessons.

One girl I live with was extremely friendly when I arrived, shes Spanish and doesn't speak English or French so talking to her can be diffcult, she has been using Spanish translating apps to talk to me in English as shes keen to get to know me. She is also permently living in France but she knows a lot of Spanish people living there so she isn't alone language wise. We end up going out to clubs and pubs together or we stay in to drink, watch movies etc so we're fairly comfortable around each other.

It became a very bizarre friendship. So just the other night I was in my room and she knocks on my door to hang out, soon enough she asks me for sex so now we at the point where we both really attraccted to one another. Even though we can't speak verbally to one another we use technology to help, so we both there for each other.

I find her extremly attractive, shes a stunning girl, the kind you'll turn your head for if you saw her on the street.

I'm thinking is it too extreme for me to learn Spanish as well just to talk to her or ask her to learn English? Can it work as a serious realtionship?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    But tbh I can see how it can work, we have technology to bond us, to bring us together, if it helps to you guys, I'm very happy and keep it going!! *I'm rooting for your relationship *

ReputationRep:
    It seems like a lot of effort but do what makes you happy.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm currently living in France working on my internship but hopefully be living there longer afterwards. I live with all international people, some speak English but not well and I don't know French but i'm having lessons.

One girl I live with was extremely friendly when I arrived, shes Spanish and doesn't speak English or French so talking to her can be diffcult, she has been using Spanish translating apps to talk to me in English as shes keen to get to know me. She is also permently living in France but she knows a lot of Spanish people living there so she isn't alone language wise. We end up going out to clubs and pubs together or we stay in to drink, watch movies etc so we're fairly comfortable around each other.

It became a very bizarre friendship. So just the other night I was in my room and she knocks on my door to hang out, soon enough she asks me for sex so now we at the point where we both really attraccted to one another. Even though we can't speak verbally to one another we use technology to help, so we both there for each other.

I find her extremly attractive, shes a stunning girl, the kind you'll turn your head for if you saw her on the street.

I'm thinking is it too extreme for me to learn Spanish as well just to talk to her or ask her to learn English? Can it work as a serious realtionship?
    Too extreme to learn Spanish? Really? There are men, who have caused wars for women or burned down cities for them. Yet, you think that it will be too extreme to learn Spanish.

Mate, I suggest that you start learning Spanish. At least, not at the expert level yet, but the basics to start communicating with the girl. Also, it will be great and helpful for her to learn English.

It is always beneficial to be bilingual. Don't be that English person that can barely survive without meeting another person, who can speak English. Be more flexible.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, you should definitely start learning Spanish. Even if this girl won't appreciate it (I'm sure that she will), you still can speak this beautiful language and make new friends!

ReputationRep:
    Just learn Spanish and seal the deal

ReputationRep:
    Enseñaos entonces el idioma del otro...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 17, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.