Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What do you do during your revision breaks and how long do you usually study for before taking a break? If this is usually a set amount of time, how long are your breaks?

Blake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blake Jones)
    What do you do during your revision breaks and how long do you usually study for before taking a break? If this is usually a set amount of time, how long are your breaks?

Blake
    If I feel I really need a break I take up to 30 mins, I'll get a snack usually banana or a smoothie and walk around the house maybe sit outside, or read 20 pages of a book. However, if I don't feel like I need a break, I'll go downstairs for about 5 mins and try not to go on youtube because if I do I would be there for a least 45 mins

ReputationRep:
    I usually finish a topic first (which takes maybe 2 hours, sometimes more or less) then I have a 15 minute break before starting the next one.
    I will usually watch a 15min YouTube video so I don't get tempted to prolong my break. If I go on my phone or Facebook or tsr then I spend way too long and I end up procrastinating!!!

ReputationRep:
    I always go for a walk. I live in a pretty rural area with lots of farms and hills and woods so I enjoy just grabbing a bottle of water and walking a few miles to calm myself. I live near stables so ill sometimes go there because I've always loved horses and they are the perfect antidote to exam stress. There's one young colt in particular who's very affectionate and he always seems to enjoy all the fuss I give him!

If I need a shorter break I'll just make myself some tea or grab a drink and try to relax in front of the tv for a bit. I'm studying French and Italian so I'll sometimes try and find a tv show or movie in one of those languages to watch for a bit. I have a collection of French fashion magazines so I like reading them and just chilling outside with a coffee or a soft drink. I tend to find myself scrolling through Facebook/Instagram/twitter a lot though so I'll charge my phone on breaks so that I'm not as tempted to sit scrolling through social media for hours on end

ReputationRep:
    Awesome guys, thanks, these are really helpful!

ReputationRep:
    2 hours revision 30 minutes break to eat something, walk, watch some Youtube, play football or whatever

If you are learning and not revising, then I suggest you work for 25 minutes and break for 5 minutes

ReputationRep:
    ok so i attempt to do 25 mins of revision and then 5 min break, but i end up floating away and waste my time. but i time myself and i probably just dance to a song! its good exercise and its about 3-4 mins and i can eat something too lol. Then i do it again and I've done 1 hour of staying away from the internet yay. too bad i haven't done any revision in the past 2 days kill me

ReputationRep:
    my revision break has been going for 9 months now....wtf am i doing with my life

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.