Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

IGCSE Edexcel English Literature Paper 1 2016 Predictions Watch

ReputationRep:
    What are your character predictions for "An Inspector Calls" and "Of Mice and Men"?

For "An Inspector Calls", I think the character is going to be Arthur Birling.
    For "Of Mice and Men", I think the character is going to be either George or Lennie.

ReputationRep:
    We all predicted George last year & he didn't come up so he could be on this year, also the theme of friendship for question b

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Could there be a question like "How does Steinbeck present both characters of George and Lennie?" ://

ReputationRep:
    loads of people think the theme one will be friendship (

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkrv)
    What are your character predictions for "An Inspector Calls" and "Of Mice and Men"?

For "Of Mice and Men", I think the character is going to be either George or Lennie.
    Fingers crossed for George and Lennie and the theme of friendship - I think I would personally hug every person related to the exam board if that happened!

My teacher has predicted that Carlson will be this year's character though because he's never come up and this is the last year for these style questions; at least if he did the only section you can really comment on is the killing of Candy's dog. :/

ReputationRep:
    Carlson isn't really like part of the characters section, so it wouldn't come up, neither would the boss would come up

ReputationRep:
    Everyone at my school is saying either George and Lennie or Curley and Lennie together.

ReputationRep:
    My teachers are predicting Curley or Carlson... What theme's do you think will come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jxrgezxk)
    My teachers are predicting Curley or Carlson... What theme's do you think will come up?
    I think friendship (hasn't come up since like 2012) or maybe work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkrv)

Ok, I have not really started my revision and i have not read the book once cover to cover. I think slim could come up. Can anyone give me any good points on George and Lennie. Also Curley is definitely not coming up because it was last year's and they never repeat. Last time slim came up was 2013.

ReputationRep:
    It could be the theme of Loneliness, I think that would be great to come up! I also agree, that Arthur Birling may come up too!

ReputationRep:
    i feel like george and lenie is way to obivous. and so is arthur birling. either way theyre definitely ones to revise but dont be too certain

ReputationRep:
    What about To Kill a Mockingbird? Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im doing AQA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Arthur Birling will
    come up on his own because that would be way too obvious. I think they will either ask us about the inspector, Eva, male characters or who is most responsible for Eva's death.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.