2016 Predictions for IGCSE English Language Paper 1 Section A Anthology

Watch this thread
tkrv
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
What are your predictions for section A of the anthology for IGCSE English Language Paper 1?
My predictions are either the two Climate change texts or A Passage to Africa.
harveytom
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tkrv)
What are your predictions for section A of the anthology for IGCSE English Language Paper 1?
My predictions are either the two Climate change texts or A Passage to Africa.
I'm hoping for Chinese Cinderella and Disabled. How are you preparing for the exam? I'm just doing past papers and constantly going over the anthology txts
sulaimanali
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Climate Change: Webpage
Pop404
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
How can it be disabled? Disabled is in part B of the anthology.

I'm pretty annoyed that there aren't any past papers about Passage to Africa. I have no idea what its gonna ask, could you guys theorize a possible question for it

I think its quite unlikely they will ask about climate change webpage because there isn't really much to talk about
username2657845
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
To be honest - I don't really mind what's comes up, just hoping the questions are not too complicated and are fair suitable to answer.

What's do you guys have got for your speaking and listening?

I got 89 - worth 10%
Do you guys know how many more marks I need to aim for in paper 1 and 2 to get a C?

My study plan at the moment is using pass papers (only)
sulaimanali
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pop404)

I'm pretty annoyed that there aren't any past papers about Passage to Africa. I have no idea what its gonna ask, could you guys theorize a possible question for it

I think its quite unlikely they will ask about climate change webpage because there isn't really much to talk about
PTA: Normally they ask about thoughts and feelings(of the writer!).

Ah - there's a lot to talk about the climate change webpage! doesn't look it, but there is.
sulaimanali
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ImranMahmood)
To be honest - I don't really mind what's comes up, just hoping the questions are not too complicated and are fair suitable to answer.

What's do you guys have got for your speaking and listening?

I got 89 - worth 10%
Do you guys know how many more marks I need to aim for in paper 1 and 2 to get a C?

My study plan at the moment is using pass papers (only)
The questions are never really too complicated to answer! they are a simple sentence which is a question.

Getting a C overall in English is about 50%. Considering the marks of paper 1(60) and paper 2(30) added together is 90. You'd need around 45 to get a C.

S+L is 10%. As the whole English Lang qualification is out of 100, 10 marks must then (theoretically) be left for S+L. So since you got 89 (out of 100 or 120 or whateva the total was), they'll probs do an average and give a mark out of 10. Say the whole mark was 100 and you got 89, they'd give you 9/10 marks (A*).
harveytom
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Pop404)

sorry I meant Disabled for Paper 2 as it is in section B
jamesj477
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Guys it's 100% Beach Safety.
username2657845
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jamesj477)
Guys it's 100% Beach Safety.
What's makes you say that?
ihatethis
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
It's gone in a order- Beach Safety is technical next in the order but Passage to Africa, and the two Climate change texts have never come up before.
username2657845
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ihatethis)
It's gone in a order- Beach Safety is technical next in the order but Passage to Africa, and the two Climate change texts have never come up before.
Hopefully they bring up a text they haven't used. I can't be asked to write about a text that I already done as a mock.

Currently I going through all the pass papers and looking at the mark scheme.
tkrv
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm pretty sure it's going to be passage to Africa or one of the climate change texts. I think the q wud b lik how does the writer present his thoughts and feelings for passage to Africa. And for the climate change i think its lik how does the writer create danger or make the reader get more involved or something
rsh.s
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
there is a past paper which contains questions on a passage to africa. check out this link: http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...-June-2014.pdf
rsh.s
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
i think it could be A GAME POLO WITH A HEADLESS GOAT. a passage to africa recently came in 2014 paper. check this link:http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...-June-2014.pdf
rsh.s
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
in my opinion, i think A GAME OF POLO WITH HEADLESS GOAT will come up bc A PASSAGE TO AFRICA recently came in 2014 paper. here check out this link:http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...-June-2014.pdf
harveytom
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rsh.s)
in my opinion, i think A GAME OF POLO WITH HEADLESS GOAT will come up bc A PASSAGE TO AFRICA recently came in 2014 paper. here check out this link:http://qualifications.pearson.com/co...-June-2014.pdf
game of polo came up this january
rsh.s
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by harveytom)
game of polo came up this january
ohh.. Okay thnkxx
Mark 88
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Edexcel igcse english language a 7th june am
for tomorrows exam... Only study from an explorers daughter. Exam leaked.
BigTom13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Might aswell cram this in here. All the text's are provided. As for section B (Anthologies) Attachment 544727544731 heres what's come up already.
Have fun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.03%
It went fairly well (239)
47.51%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.91%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.55%

Watched Threads