The Student Room Group

Are you allowed to drink things other than water in exams?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I wasn't sure where to post to. I was just wondering if we are allowed to drink things other than water in the exams, because next week I've got a 3 hour long exam, and I'm scared my concentration and energy will dip in the last hour, so if I could drink an energy drink (in a clear bottle) for that last hour, it'd probably help. Has anyone else done this before?

Scroll to see replies

im sure its ok, as logn as your bottle is clear?

idk though, im guessing :smile:
Original post by GeorgiaStardust!
Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I wasn't sure where to post to. I was just wondering if we are allowed to drink things other than water in the exams, because next week I've got a 3 hour long exam, and I'm scared my concentration and energy will dip in the last hour, so if I could drink an energy drink (in a clear bottle) for that last hour, it'd probably help. Has anyone else done this before?

how about having flavored water/clear fizzy drinks? i'm going for the clear flavored fizzy drink option because our moderators are quite strict regarding this rule, so long as the labels off they probably won't notice - on the other hand vinto or fizzy orange will stand out & may be confiscated.:frown:
Original post by bizzy_penguin
fizzy drinks?

Fizzy drinks will make a noise when you open them, for that reason I would not take them into the exam hall.
Original post by bizzy_penguin
how about having flavored water/clear fizzy drinks? i'm going for the clear flavored fizzy drink option because our moderators are quite strict regarding this rule, so long as the labels off they probably won't notice - on the other hand vinto or fizzy orange will stand out & may be confiscated.:frown:

Yeah, I think maybe I'll err on the side of caution, our invigilators can be quite strict. It's stupid that it's necessary though, I think. I hadn't thought about the clear fizzy flavoured water though, so thank you.
Reply 5
we're only allowed water the only thing you could probably get away with if its like us is vodka or flat lemonade :P
really, if you cant go 3 hrs without an energy drink you should probably sleep more :P
Me and a friend are drinking flavoured still water in ours because it's still water but it gives you that little boost that you need :smile:
Wont the school have a rule, which you can ask them what it is? They arent going to be tell the difference if its clear,
Energy drinks just have a lot of caffeine in them as the main ingredient. Not hard to find a workaround.
I think it's just water :tongue:
Reply 9
clear bottle clear liquid

water?
drain cleaner?
vodka?

they'll never know
Nope, just water.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Samonia
we're only allowed water the only thing you could probably get away with if its like us is vodka or flat lemonade :P
really, if you cant go 3 hrs without an energy drink you should probably sleep more :P

Haha, well vodka is always an option :') ...hmm, on second thoughts, better save that for after I'm done. Yeah, I probably should sleep more but I have pretty bad insomnia so I just kind of have to deal.
Original post by NiamhM1801
Me and a friend are drinking flavoured still water in ours because it's still water but it gives you that little boost that you need :smile:

Is it? Me and my pal are drinking Apple Ciroc just to boost us up ya know?
Original post by NiamhM1801

I think I might join you with that plan :smile:

You can drink Irn Jack. If you don't know what that is, it is a mix between Irn Bru and Jack Daniels
Nothing helps you concentrate like drain cleaner :wink:

taking one for the team :yy: they say if someone dies in the exam room, everyone get's 100%

Spoiler

Drain cleaner is key to success
Well if you really want an energy boost take something that you'll enjoy like flavored water and just dump some sugar into it.
Reply 18
I'll just bring in a bottle of clear bleach and take a sip for every question I leave blank :rofl:

for real tho - just get anything that's clear, volvic flavoured water tho *___* lemon and lime YASSSSSSSSS
you should practice working for three hours and make sure you have enough sleep and a nutritious meal beforehand

you won't get away with an energy drink

Quick Reply

Latest