Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Apologies if there's already a thread for this but I couldn't see one.

How is everyone else feeling for the exam? It's my last one left so pretty much all I'm concentrating on.

I'm doing the Living Political Ideas topic. Slightly worried as after seeing that you only do 2 essays, my teacher decided to not even do the 3rd unit on constitutions or whatever, which sort of limits my choices if anything dodgy comes up for the first two questions.

Any ideas for potential questions? Resources seem to be pretty limited unfortunately. I'm banking on doing well on the research methods questions which seem fairly easy, as well as my dissertation.

ReputationRep:
    To add to the first post, how are people finding the research methods section? I did Higher Business last year so I'm familiar with some of the terms and I've sort of been neglecting it as it seems to be something you can learn in a day or so.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm doing the Law and Order unit and our teacher was the same we've only really learnt enough to answer 2 of the essays and then the research methods. kinda nervous about what will come up. Apparently the essay questions are going to be broad this year so hopefully that'll make it easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydia_n)
    Hi, I'm doing the Law and Order unit and our teacher was the same we've only really learnt enough to answer 2 of the essays and then the research methods. kinda nervous about what will come up. Apparently the essay questions are going to be broad this year so hopefully that'll make it easier
    Ah that's interesting - maybe it's just common practice to only learn material for 2 out of 3 topics? Anyway, I hope your right about the broadness of the questions. I always feel as though Mods is a subject where 'anything' can technically come up. I did AH English this year though and the questions did seem fairly broad.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think our teacher decided to because he would prefer us to know the other 2 areas in more detail and he thought that we just didn't have time to do all 3 (we did the third topic very very briefly but I don't feel I could do an essay on it at all!). I hope so too, our teacher went to an SQA event thing and that's what seemed to be the case ...... I guess we'll find out soon enough! Yeah I agree like they could word a question in so many different ways I find it difficult to know what they are looking for us to say! Ah right hopefully it'll be the same for the mods exam

ReputationRep:
    our teacher said either voting behaviour of electoral systems needs to come in the democracy section, anyone know if this is true?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it needs to come - unless he's making quite a bold prediction? There's plenty of other stuff that could come up like media plurality and pressure groups and what not. The section is called power and influence - are you maybe confusing this thread with the higher modern studies one where they have one about democracy? This is for advanced higher.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any ideas about political thoughts and ideas - what could really come up in regards to that?

ReputationRep:
    hi does anyone know anything about questions 6 and 7? i have never hated the sqa more than in the run up to this exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconwoo)
    hi does anyone know anything about questions 6 and 7? i have never hated the sqa more than in the run up to this exam
    Which is Q6&7? I hate the sqa too meh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.