The Student Room Group

Can I change my ucas firm?

Hi, so I want to study LLB Law at Nottingham Trent University, and applied for two courses here - the LLB 3 year, which requires grades of BBB, and the LLB 4 year, the third year being a work placement year, and the grade being ABB. Nottingham Trent university emailed me to say that if I made my firm choice the LLB 3 year, they would make my offer unconditional. However, because I would rather do the 4 year work experience placement course, I declined this offer. Therefore I made my firm choice the 4 year LLB course at NTU, and my insurance the 3 year LLB course at NTU.
Now though, I'm not confident I will be able to get the grades of ABB to study the 4 year course. Can I change my firm university choice? Do you think if I emailed the university asking if I changed my firm to the the 3 year LLB they would still say it was unconditional?? Help!!!
Thanks x
Original post by handog
Hi, so I want to study LLB Law at Nottingham Trent University, and applied for two courses here - the LLB 3 year, which requires grades of BBB, and the LLB 4 year, the third year being a work placement year, and the grade being ABB. Nottingham Trent university emailed me to say that if I made my firm choice the LLB 3 year, they would make my offer unconditional. However, because I would rather do the 4 year work experience placement course, I declined this offer. Therefore I made my firm choice the 4 year LLB course at NTU, and my insurance the 3 year LLB course at NTU.
Now though, I'm not confident I will be able to get the grades of ABB to study the 4 year course. Can I change my firm university choice? Do you think if I emailed the university asking if I changed my firm to the the 3 year LLB they would still say it was unconditional?? Help!!!
Thanks x

You are doubtful about getting ABB, but why do you doubt getting BBB?

One factor you might want to consider is that the three-year course has been in clearing the past three years. The four-year couse was in clearing in 2013 & 2014, but not last year. These things can change but this perhaps gives you an indication of how lenient NTU might be if you slip a grade.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending