Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've heard conflicting answers:

Consistency, flexibility and commitment.

OR

Consistency, augmentation principle, drawing attention to the issue and the role of conflict.

Which one is correct?

ReputationRep:
    They're both the same.

Consistency - same beliefs over a period of time.

Commitment - demonstrating dedication to their cause. The augmentation principle is when majority members start to pay attention due to this ("wow, he's really dedicated to his belief to I'm going to consider his view)

Flexibility - More effective if Minority shows their ability to adapt their point of view and accept reasonable and valid counter-arguments.

you then have snowball effect and cryptoamnesia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Findlay6)
    They're both the same.

Consistency - same beliefs over a period of time.

Commitment - demonstrating dedication to their cause. The augmentation principle is when majority members start to pay attention due to this ("wow, he's really dedicated to his belief to I'm going to consider his view)

Flexibility - More effective if Minority shows their ability to adapt their point of view and accept reasonable and valid counter-arguments.

you then have snowball effect and cryptoamnesia
    thank you for the clarification! it's just that I stated consistency, commitment and flexibility once before and my teacher marked it wrong... so I was confused.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.