Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It was an all right show, but I got bored and stopped watching mid-way through series 2.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    8 seasons is much higher than average and it was off the back of Nathan. they tried cutting costs by axing Katic, but it seems to have fallen down. It was too procedural and a bit predictable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    8 seasons is much higher than average and it was off the back of Nathan. they tried cutting costs by axing Katic, but it seems to have fallen down. It was too procedural and a bit predictable.
    Yeah, I think that's why I got bored of it so quickly. Shows like post-miller Death In Paradise it's like there's no point watching them because there's no story or character development.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    It was a vehicle for Nathan Fillion. Since 24 I have preferred the long running story that develops over time. Even elementray has a bit of continuing plot.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that show was good but all episodes were made bythe same pattern. Nevertheless, it is a shame it was cancelled. I am at season5, so I am worried about finale episode. Was there a true ending or it was cutat the most interesting moment without closing storyline.Hate when it happens to amazing TV shows and you cannever know how it would end like. I hope that this has not happened to Castle.It would be heartbreaking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yane)
    Yeah, that show was good but all episodes were made bythe same pattern. Nevertheless, it is a shame it was cancelled. I am at season5, so I am worried about finale episode. Was there a true ending or it was cutat the most interesting moment without closing storyline.Hate when it happens to amazing TV shows and you cannever know how it would end like. I hope that this has not happened to Castle.It would be heartbreaking.
    I read they did two endings just in case so I think it'll be all right.

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I was all that surprised to hear that it's been cancelled - I did wonder as soon as I heard Stana Katic and Tamala Jones wouldn't be coming back for any possible season 9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by similarBlank)
    I read they did two endings just in case so I think it'll be all right.
    Thank you for information. I feet reliefed.
    So will you start watching it again? Or you are alright with never knowing how it ended up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yane)
    Thank you for information. I feet reliefed.
    So will you start watching it again? Or you are alright with never knowing how it ended up?
    I'll probably watch the last one or two episodes.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gosh, it's been cancelled. I am truly disappointed. I loved Castle.

ReputationRep:
    In my mind it should have ended at the end of the last series
    It was wrapped up nicely :-D Beckett was to go off & be a senator
    So I'm glad it's been cancelled now

The only good episode of this last series was the episode with Nick Tarabay in it, love him he's brilliant & so funny

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.