The Student Room Group

Anyone got any pre-exam rituals or lucky charms?

For me i have a little porcelain pill box my grandmother gave me before she passed away. I'm not religious at all but it has the bible verse "be of good courage and he will strengthen thine heart" inscribed over the top. If I ever feel I need strength for anything I have that box with me. It was in my pocket in every single exam I sat last year and I kept running my fingers over it obsessively during my advanced higher French speaking exam. I passed with flying colours and the examiner was singing my praises when i left. It was with me in the first debate competition I ever won and I plan on having it on me during my exams this year. Again I'm not religious or spiritual but I feel closer to her when I have it and as if it genuinely gives me a confidence boost. A weirder pre exam tradition of mine is to tidy my room properly before an exam. Again I feel as if this helps with confidence more than anything. Anyone else got any lucky charms or rituals they carry out before taking an exam?
Desperately pray for divine intervention
Not even religious
Good night of sleep lol
Reply 3
Original post by Zargabaath
Desperately pray for divine intervention
Not even religious

My very Catholic mother always says "I'll say a prayer at church for you on my way home!" One time I responded with "oh no. I'm so screwed only the big man in the sky can save me now". She laughed. I did not.
Reply 4
For me it's usually a panic-filled all-nighter revising.
Before every exam I pray that I keep calm so I can do my best and at least pass. I don't think it's fair to simply ask for the grade, I always pray that I keep up my motivation for revision during the weeks before the exam so I can actually work for my grade. Never expect anything to be given to you on a silver plate.
Revising is usually a good thing to do :tongue:

Otherwise I usually make sure I drink at least one caffeine containing drink and try and get some complex carbs in me a couple of hours prior to the exam

My mother and my friends usually say they pray for me though
I dress smart for exams. If I'm going to fail, I'm going to do it in style.
(edited 7 years ago)
I become surprisingly organised.About everything. It helps me calm down tbh.
Reply 9
Yes but I won't say because it'll get jinxed
Whack one out
Original post by TinyPhasma
For me i have a little porcelain pill box my grandmother gave me before she passed away. I'm not religious at all but it has the bible verse "be of good courage and he will strengthen thine heart" inscribed over the top. If I ever feel I need strength for anything I have that box with me. It was in my pocket in every single exam I sat last year and I kept running my fingers over it obsessively during my advanced higher French speaking exam. I passed with flying colours and the examiner was singing my praises when i left. It was with me in the first debate competition I ever won and I plan on having it on me during my exams this year. Again I'm not religious or spiritual but I feel closer to her when I have it and as if it genuinely gives me a confidence boost. A weirder pre exam tradition of mine is to tidy my room properly before an exam. Again I feel as if this helps with confidence more than anything. Anyone else got any lucky charms or rituals they carry out before taking an exam?

no anyone tried spells before?
about to walk into the exam and I finally stop procrastinating

as I step into the hall I be like lmao

I carry a holy medal in my pocket that my mum gave me :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest