Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I fell for a girl back in school, now I'm in college and the feelings haven't gone. We haven't had a proper chat since last year but I can't stop thinking about her. So stunning, but on a deeper level very intelligent, confident and just an incredible style and presence. I'd love nothing more to be with her and all the fears I've had in the past have gone, about my appearance or whatever and I just want to go up to her with the confidence of a man who knows what he wants.

I've waited around to see her but she was never around. I don't have any real contact with her and it's now a month before I see her again (which is hard enough). When the chance comes, how do I move from a casual conversation to getting her number and/or arranging a date. I know there's loads of fish in the sea but she's by far the best I've met so far. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it, trust me on this, it happened to me and I still haven't gotten over the rejection. It's messed me up and now I'm nearly completely asexual, it just isn't worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I fell for a girl back in school, now I'm in college and the feelings haven't gone. We haven't had a proper chat since last year but I can't stop thinking about her. So stunning, but on a deeper level very intelligent, confident and just an incredible style and presence. I'd love nothing more to be with her and all the fears I've had in the past have gone, about my appearance or whatever and I just want to go up to her with the confidence of a man who knows what he wants.

I've waited around to see her but she was never around. I don't have any real contact with her and it's now a month before I see her again (which is hard enough). When the chance comes, how do I move from a casual conversation to getting her number and/or arranging a date. I know there's loads of fish in the sea but she's by far the best I've met so far. Thank you.
    can you ask a mutual friend to give you her snapchat or find her on instagram? This way you can talk and become close before meeting- meaning that when you see eachother it wont be weird asking her out when she doesnt know you that well anymore. Also it will give you a chance to find out if she likes you (if she flirts) and if she is interested in anyone at the moment

Does she have any form of social media you could add her on? That could help you talk to her more often since it sounds like you don't get to see each-other too often. Also through having her on social media you could drop little hints that you like her for example xx's or certain emojis like the hearts.

When you next meet her you could just start a simple convo but then compliment something about her so she'll see you noticed and it can show you're interested in a subtle way and then tell her you want to get to know her better so ask for her number and then suggest that you two should meet up sometime.

I'm in the same situation as you haha, theres a guy I've liked for a whilee but haven't really been able to speak to him since I left school for college, he has exams rn so I'm keeping myself focused but when he's done I defo want to start talking to him again like I used to. The thing is I don't get to see him a lot aswell and because of it when I do see him we don't really get to talk as much because I get kinda shy and I think he might too.. :erm: anyway goodluck with your situation haha

ReputationRep:
    I agree, be careful with putting a girl on a pedestal and grand gesture plans. I don't think it helps. Girls that create this type of emotion in guys are typically difficult to land and rejection is sadly more common than dreams coming true. This said, stay positive, find an opportunity to meet, flirt a bit to judge interest and if there is encouragement go for it.good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C-rated;[url="tel:64793871")
    64793871[/url]]Don't do it, trust me on this, it happened to me and I still haven't gotten over the rejection. It's messed me up and now I'm nearly completely asexual, it just isn't worth it.
    Don't give up, there are many many adorable girls and angst does turn in to happiness.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Does she have any form of social media you could add her on? That could help you talk to her more often since it sounds like you don't get to see each-other too often. Also through having her on social media you could drop little hints that you like her for example xx's or certain emojis like the hearts.

When you next meet her you could just start a simple convo but then compliment something about her so she'll see you noticed and it can show you're interested in a subtle way and then tell her you want to get to know her better so ask for her number and then suggest that you two should meet up sometime.

I'm in the same situation as you haha, theres a guy I've liked for a whilee but haven't really been able to speak to him since I left school for college, he has exams rn so I'm keeping myself focused but when he's done I defo want to start talking to him again like I used to. The thing is I don't get to see him a lot aswell and because of it when I do see him we don't really get to talk as much because I get kinda shy and I think he might too.. :erm: anyway goodluck with your situation haha
    You're like the female me. Exactly the same reason, the move from school to college, the exams. Madness. Thanks for the help

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.