Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is that a complete no go or always worth a try ???

ReputationRep:
    There's billions of guys in the world, why be a homewrecker?

You can like him, but unless they break up, doing anything would be unfair to both of them.

ReputationRep:
    No go

ReputationRep:
    I used to like a guy who had a girlfriend (although I didn't know he had a girlfriend until after I started liking him).
    However, it's a complete NO GO.
    Even if he shows signs of interest in you, imagine what it would be like for his girlfriend if she found out? It's completely unfair for you to get involved.
    Imagine if you were in her situation and your guy started to have interest from other girls, it would make you feel upset.
    So don't inflict that on anyone else.
    Do not get involved, I didn't, and I'm glad I made that decision.

ReputationRep:
    You know he has a girlfriend. So yah if it's not just friendship intentions then I'd leave it.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think it's up to the person in the relationship to give the clear signals that they are not available, and all's fair in love and war. This said I would draw the line at attempted marriage breaking.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Can you like them? Sure. Should you act on it? Probably not.

Thing is what if they did start seeing you. If they were cheating on their current partner for you then you're now in a relationship with someone who is willing to cheat. If they happily break up to date you then you potentially started dating someone that has no trouble cutting commitments, or maybe isn't as committed as they may seem.

There's no issue with liking someone that's in a relationship. But you have to ask yourself what would happen if they really started dating you. Do you want to date someone that was in a relationship and happily went to date someone else?

ReputationRep:
    No
    No
    No.
    No.
    NO
    NO
    NO.
    NO.

Just don't.

You will not get anything good out of this.

ReputationRep:
    Any guy or girl that is stealable isn't worth stealing
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Big no no, how would you feel if you had a boyfriend and another girl liked him?

ReputationRep:
    morally its not good for you because jeez, out of all the other guys in the world you want to wreck other peoples' relationships- how would you feel if you were his current gf? but looking at it from a self-concerned perspective, which may appeal to you more because you seem pretty selfish to even consider what you wrote, it's a bad idea anyway because if he'd cheat on his gf with you then he'd cheat on you with another cheap side girl that comes along.

ReputationRep:
    No, just no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    3 options

1) he doesnt like you back, thinks you're a bit creepy as hes already got a gf and it just becomes an epic fail
    2) he likes you back and you guys make passionate love under the stars, his gf finds out and destroys both of you and it becomes and epic fail
    3) you dont act on this lust and its not an epic fail

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 15, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.