The Student Room Group

A* group chats

Hey guys,

not meaning to sound big headed or anything, but I'm an A*/A student and I wanted to know whether any other like minded people wanted to start a group chat for any subjects?

Triple Science AQA
Maths- Edexcel
FSMQ - OCR
English Literature and Language- AQA
German- OCR
Business- Edexcel
History- History B Edexcel SHP
PE- AQA
Resistant Materials- AQA
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey, I am somewhat an alright student, clicking on this thread made me think of a bunch of beg headed smartypants who would make educational jokes (ive actually experienced that...) a group chat would be cool, my only fear is distraction
Reply 2
haha i get you about distraction, it doesnt have to be an active one, just sharing some ideas before/discussion after an exam :smile: have we got any subjects in common?
I'm an A/A* student and my main concern is English literature where I got a B in my mock which really got me miffed! A group chat for subjects wouldn't be a bad idea if it was to support people who were struggling in that area.
Reply 4
Original post by AxSirlotl
I'm an A/A* student and my main concern is English literature where I got a B in my mock which really got me miffed! A group chat for subjects wouldn't be a bad idea if it was to support people who were struggling in that area.

i feel the same way about literature, which books etc you studying?
Original post by gozzabomb
Hey guys,

not meaning to sound bug headed or anything, but I'm an A*/A student and I wanted to know whether any other like minded people wanted to start a group chat for any subjects?

Triple Science AQA
Maths- Edexcel
FSMQ - OCR
German- OCR
Business- Edexcel
PE- AQA
Resistant Materials- AQA

Good idea! PM me your number and ill start one :smile:
i feel the same way about literature, which books etc you studying?

An Inspector Calls and Of Mice and Men. I got an A on my poetry (I hate poetry so I'm not too sure how I managed that) but I got a really low B on AIC and OMaM because I didn't answer the OMaM question properly.
Original post by sfaraj
Hey, I am somewhat an alright student, clicking on this thread made me think of a bunch of beg headed smartypants who would make educational jokes (ive actually experienced that...) a group chat would be cool, my only fear is distraction

Science jokes are awesome!

Au want to hear a joke about gold? Na, I'd rather hear one about sodium instead.

Did you hear about the guy that was frozen to absolute zero? He's 0K now.

What do you get when you cross a mountain climber and a mosquito?
Nothing! You can't cross a vector with a scalar (I hope someone gets that!)

An ion goes up to a police officer 'I need to report the loss of an electron'
Police officer 'Are you positive? Well let me know if you see Schrodinger's Cat. It's wanted dead and alive'

A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much the drinks are. For you? No charge.
A noble gas walks into a bar and the barman tells him to get out. The noble gas doesn't react.
Two men walk into a bar. One asks for some H2O, the other says 'I'll have some H2O2'
A photon walks into a bar and the barman asks if he needs help with his stuff. The photon says 'no worries, I'm travelling light'

I actually didn't google any of them, and I have hundreds more...
Yeah shout!
English Literature and Language-
AQAGerman- OCR
Maths- Edexcel

LETS DO THIS!
Reply 9
Original post by Revathyvk
Yeah shout!
English Literature and Language-
AQAGerman- OCR
Maths- Edexcel

LETS DO THIS!

pm me number and i'll put you in the whatsapp group!
Original post by TheBirder

Au want to hear a joke about gold? Na, I'd rather hear one about sodium instead.

Police officer 'Are you positive? Well let me know if you see Schrodinger's Cat. It's wanted dead and alive'

A neutron walks into a bar and asks how much the drinks are. For you? No charge.
A noble gas walks into a bar and the barman tells him to get out. The noble gas doesn't react.
Two men walk into a bar. One asks for some H2O, the other says 'I'll have some H2O2'
A photon walks into a bar and the barman asks if he needs help with his stuff. The photon says 'no worries, I'm travelling light'

i will find you and stab you with my granite electrode before using your body to carry out my electrolysis experiment

i was actually talking about maths since i was waiting for my brother on inset day and a couple of grammar school boys walked past and the kid was like, the answer wwas 5.2 but i put -2.5 and they all started laughing like he said some bombass joke, so naturally me cringing resulted in me laughing so much by the fact it was such a dumb comment then one of the boys turned around and smirked at me understanding why i was laughing
Original post by TheBirder

whats thomas edison and nikola teslas favorite band?

ACDC

hahaahahah
Hey guys,

not meaning to sound big headed or anything, but I'm an A*/A student and I wanted to know whether any other like minded people wanted to start a group chat for any subjects?

Triple Science AQA
Maths- Edexcel
FSMQ - OCR
German- OCR
Business- Edexcel
PE- AQA
Resistant Materials- AQA

How have you revised for business? I'm soo scared for it! Our teacher hasn't been in since beginning of year 11 up until Easter so we had cover teachers every lesson - which meant we did basically no work... School finally came to their senses and sacked her in Easter, so we have a new teacher, who knows jack ****... I'm alright on Unit 1 but haven't done any work on it since year 10. Literally know no unit 3! I'm screwed aren't I:frown:
Reply 13
Original post by Jxrgezxk
How have you revised for business? I'm soo scared for it! Our teacher hasn't been in since beginning of year 11 up until Easter so we had cover teachers every lesson - which meant we did basically no work... School finally came to their senses and sacked her in Easter, so we have a new teacher, who knows jack ****... I'm alright on Unit 1 but haven't done any work on it since year 10. Literally know no unit 3! I'm screwed aren't I:frown:

what really helped me and most of my set was to look at examiners reports for unit 3. they have examples of answers people gave and examiners' advice. look through the examiners report while reading the question paper, you will easily get a good grade like this!
pm me number and i'll put you in the whatsapp group!

my wattsapp has completely malfunctioned and won't let me join but hope you have a good chat tho aha

Quick Reply

Latest