Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'll be studying Psychology and I'm terrified as I'm moving from Ireland. Anyone here dreading the move lol?

And another thing I'll be dreading is making new friends, anyone else worried about this too? Or is it just me lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdeery94)
    I'll be studying Psychology and I'm terrified as I'm moving from Ireland. Anyone here dreading the move lol?

And another thing I'll be dreading is making new friends, anyone else worried about this too? Or is it just me lol.
    I'm moving over from Ireland to, your not alone haha! Don't worry everyone is in the same boat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciaraleneghan)
    I'm moving over from Ireland to, your not alone haha! Don't worry everyone is in the same boat
    Omg really, what are the odds lol. What part you from if you don't mind me asking lol
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    I'm a third year student at the uni and I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. I study nursing at the Falmer campus where Psychology is also based, but I've got a couple of friends doing other courses so I might be able to help a little there too (or at least point you in the right direction).

Brighton's actually got a reasonable Irish population, and everyone's going to be in the same boat in first year in terms of wanting to make friends.

- Olly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by University of Brighton)
    I'm a third year student at the uni and I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have. I study nursing at the Falmer campus where Psychology is also based, but I've got a couple of friends doing other courses so I might be able to help a little there too (or at least point you in the right direction).

Brighton's actually got a reasonable Irish population, and everyone's going to be in the same boat in first year in terms of wanting to make friends.

- Olly
    That's good then, I'd hate to be left on my own studying with no friends like a loner haha

ReputationRep:
    i'm starting in september too! do you know anything about the freshers events? i've heard ones the uni puts on aren't actually that good and there aren't many of them... but apparently there's a student clubbing company called like brighton rox or something that hold student nights at brighton clubs and they hold their own freshers events all week. you need to get a wristband or something which is like your ticket to all their events but i'm not sure when they go on sale though or how to get one... anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    When do we move into halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeTurner123)
    i'm starting in september too! do you know anything about the freshers events? i've heard ones the uni puts on aren't actually that good and there aren't many of them... but apparently there's a student clubbing company called like brighton rox or something that hold student nights at brighton clubs and they hold their own freshers events all week. you need to get a wristband or something which is like your ticket to all their events but i'm not sure when they go on sale though or how to get one... anyone know?
    You can got to their Facebook or Twitter and they will have a link on their page!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting uni in sept too, on a BSc in Business with Economics. I live in Brighton so I know it well. Shout me if you're needing a tour!

- Aaron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciaraleneghan)
    How did you get through school without learning the correct you're????

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting in September too! Moving from North Yorkshire so pretty big move for me too I'm sure there will be loads of other people in the same boat!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.