Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any advice on coping with the stresses of a Master's degree

Any advice for getting the most out of a Master's

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I can't answer as I'm starting an MSc in September so hoping you get some replies :-)

This article was quite interesting:
    https://www.reading.ac.uk/internal/s...sstudying.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elw71)
    Hi,
    I can't answer as I'm starting an MSc in September so hoping you get some replies :-)

This article was quite interesting:
    https://www.reading.ac.uk/internal/s...sstudying.aspx
    Thank you for the helpful link! I will admit, I could have used a better thread name which might have gotten more replies. All the best for your MSc

ReputationRep:
    Mine was less stressful than the final year of my undergraduate degree. I also enjoyed it a lot more as it was focused on a specific area I was genuinely interested in.

As for 'getting the most out' of the course - think about what you want to do once it's over and focus on activities which will help with that (internships? networking? job applications? PhD applications?) alongside the academic workload. Good luck, it's a lot less stressful than people seem to make out here on TSR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Duncan2012)
    Mine was less stressful than the final year of my undergraduate degree. I also enjoyed it a lot more as it was focused on a specific area I was genuinely interested in.

As for 'getting the most out' of the course - think about what you want to do once it's over and focus on activities which will help with that (internships? networking? job applications? PhD applications?) alongside the academic workload. Good luck, it's a lot less stressful than people seem to make out here on TSR!
    Thanks for your insight!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.