The Student Room Group

GCSE Food tech

I only got one choice for GCSE, and I picked Food tech as my first and pschology as my second. They've cancelled food tech, because not enough people chose it. I really want to do food tech. Is there somewhere I can go outside of school, or something else I could do?
You can do it privately, but I wouldn't recommend paying for it, as it isn't a "proper" qualification. If you enjoying that fort of stuff just do it at home as a hobby. :smile:
Reply 2
That was a quick reply!

Original post by 1jonam16
You can do it privately, but I wouldn't recommend paying for it, as it isn't a "proper" qualification. If you enjoying that fort of stuff just do it at home as a hobby. :smile:

What do you mean by 'proper'?

Do you know a company I could do it with?

I like cooking too, but I really want to do the theory.
No you have to apply to do the course with whichever exam board. And by proper i mean it isn't really respectable to do attain a GCSE in food tech, you might as well do it in psychology or geography or something, which future employees may consider valuable, based on the standard of job you apply for.
Reply 4
No you have to apply to do the course with whichever exam board. And by proper i mean it isn't really respectable to do attain a GCSE in food tech, you might as well do it in psychology or geography or something, which future employees may consider valuable, based on the standard of job you apply for.

I will be doing psychology, I just want to do food tech as well.

I want to open a bakery when I'm older, so I think food tech is more important than psychology or geography for that.

How do I apply?
Original post by Tasty Apple
I will be doing psychology, I just want to do food tech as well.

I want to open a bakery when I'm older, so I think food tech is more important than psychology or geography for that.

How do I apply?

Oh fair enough, sorry thought you were just being a bit silly and now I feel bad, haha. Um http://www.mymathsblog.co.uk/maths-gcse-how-to-take-the-exam-as-a-private-candidate/#.VzeAcIRlXNk I think do the same but for a food tech course. You might wanna read up on the courses AQA, Edexcel etc (all exam boards) offer. Once again, sorry,
Reply 6
can find a local college that maybe offers it at gcse level, beyond that i wouldn't know.

je suis désolée
I do food tech. Honestly it's so much work to do outside school and without a teacher I think it might be difficult for you and wouldn't recommend it.
Reply 8
Oh fair enough, sorry thought you were just being a bit silly and now I feel bad, haha. Um http://www.mymathsblog.co.uk/maths-gcse-how-to-take-the-exam-as-a-private-candidate/#.VzeAcIRlXNk I think do the same but for a food tech course. You might wanna read up on the courses AQA, Edexcel etc (all exam boards) offer. Once again, sorry,

Thank you very much! Don't feel bad, I don't mind :smile:

Original post by ScienceFantatic
I do food tech. Honestly it's so much work to do outside school and without a teacher I think it might be difficult for you and wouldn't recommend it.

I know it will be hard, but this is really important to me.
Do u get to pick what you want to cook or do they give u recipies
Original post by Nicoleta_gcse
Do u get to pick what you want to cook or do they give u recipies

This is 4 years old...
Reply 11
lmaoo ikrr

Quick Reply

Latest