Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    👍🏿

ReputationRep:
    What in the world would possibly make you think they're not?

Or did you just want an excuse to gloat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    What in the world would possibly make you think they're not?
    Because some people are saying that my A in Biology would limit me

ReputationRep:
    Naa fam with those grades, the best you'll get is a job at KFC...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatRandomGirl28)
    Hi, I just wanted to know if my GCSE grades were good enough to apply to medicine?

A* -
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Maths
    Further maths
    English Language
    English Literature
    Citizenship
    Geography
    Media studies
    Religious Education
    Drama

A-
    Biology
    French
    ICT
    3 A's is unacceptable, don't you know the average Oxbridge applicant has 50 A*'s?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatRandomGirl28)
    Because some people are saying that my A in Biology would limit me
    Didn't you think it would be a good idea to check a few uni websites to see whether those comments were valid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    3 A's is unacceptable, don't you know the average Oxbridge applicant has 50 A*'s?
    They are actually below average for Oxford medicine, by the measures they use.

But clearly not prohibitive of an application anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)

It would seem that the optimum number of GCSE's required as A* would be 10 or above. Using this information I believe OP will be good to get into Oxford for medicine
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    No need to show off! You must know fully well that they are great for almost every med school.

ReputationRep:

Sorry to bother you again; but are there equivalent statistics for Cambridge? I've looked on their website but I couldn't find any statistics mentioning GCSE grades at A* and their likelihood of an offer.

Many thanks if you could find that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Sorry to bother you again; but are there equivalent statistics for Cambridge? I've looked on their website but I couldn't find any statistics mentioning GCSE grades at A* and their likelihood of an offer.

Many thanks if you could find that
    The best data was from an old teacher's conference presentation that tey've now sadly removed and you have to get from a web archive.: https://web.archive.org/web/20130514...esentation.pdf

There's lots of date for AS UMS, of course http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...fer_status.pdf

ReputationRep:
    The best data was from an old teacher's conference presentation that tey've now sadly removed and you have to get from a web archive.: https://web.archive.org/web/20130514...esentation.pdf

There's lots of date for AS UMS, of course http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...fer_status.pdf
    You are 10/10, top man

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.