Multiculturalism Fails When All The White People Leave An Area?

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    How can Multiculturalism be working when all the English white people leave? How divided can it get when this happens? If Multiculturalism worked then surely we could all mix instead of living in ghettos of our own kind? Interesting read: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-moved-in.html
    • BBC's Last Whites of the East End looks at life in Newham, east London
    • The area has had an influx of 70,000 immigrants in the past 15 years
    • White British families say 'Cockney' traditions are now dying out
    • 'East Enders' say community spirit has gone forever and area is a 'slum'
    • Newham is UK's most culturally diverse borough according to 2011 census

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BodhiUtah)
    How can Multiculturalism be working when all the English white people leave? How divided can it get when this happens? If Multiculturalism worked then surely we could all mix instead of living in ghettos of our own kind? Interesting read: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-moved-in.html
    I remember bringing this up at work a long time ago and the reaction I got was oh it's good. When people give a black and white answer like that and say it's good, then you know there is some funny business going on in their mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I went to school in Newham for a couple of years. I was one of the only whites.

I observed a few amusing things. I've seen "race wars" from time to time. Before Newham I went to a school that was half black half Asian mostly. There was definitely tension there between asians and blacks and they all stuck to their own overall.

Interestingly in Newham you had the same but it was Hindus and Muslims, split roughly 50/50 down the middle.

Edit: I guess you can call me one of the "last whitemen".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BodhiUtah)

I am from East London has a completely different connotation today to that of say 30 years ago. Truly sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M14B)
    I am from East London has a completely different connotation today to that of say 30 years ago. Truly sad.
    To be fair Cockney council estate poor culture was **** anyway. I hated it. The Cockney family of thieves over the road, the prossie with an army of disgusting mongrel kids that spat at anyone walking by the pavement outside their house and that swore, moonied at people, attacked people, etc. The crack addict cockney woman that married the Pakistani to feed her habit with a million and one shithead murderous kids. The mad ass spiritual woman with her dogs, crystals and rotten face, etc. The crazy old crone with the house filled with bird cages and birds that would never go out throwing all her empty milk bottles on the balcony so that it had a foot deep of glass.

****ing hate cockney.

ReputationRep:

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.