Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do so many british muslim get so upset about UK policies in the middle east? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Why do so many british muslim get so upset about UK policies in the middle east?
    We hear on the news about the disaffected muslim youth, alienated by the government policy - hang on, most of these kids were born here and probably have never been to the countries concerned so it's just because these countries are muslim? Whats more important? Loyality to the country you choose to live in, or loyality to a brother in religion. If it's the former don't expect your fellow Britains to understand or sympathise - it's clear from the emerging 5th column in our mist that we'd do so at our peril.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this actually, doesn't happen solely with muslims but it is more prevalent imo.
    If you care more about other countries then your own, you shouldn't expect us to give a **** about you or your feelings

ReputationRep:
    Why do so many British people get so upset when the Falklands Islands get threatened by Argentina?

ReputationRep:
    How come you have only targeted Muslims? Many Christians, Jews, Hindus and Atheist also get upset at those inhumane foreign policies of the US and UK

ReputationRep:
    why wouldn't i get upset about the fact my innocent Muslim brothers and sisters are getting blown up by the airstrikes in the middle east.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SandorThrone)
    Why do so many british muslim get so upset about UK policies in the middle east?
    We hear on the news about the disaffected muslim youth, alienated by the government policy - hang on, most of these kids were born here and probably have never been to the countries concerned so it's just because these countries are muslim? Whats more important? Loyality to the country you choose to live in, or loyality to a brother in religion. If it's the former don't expect your fellow Britains to understand or sympathise - it's clear from the emerging 5th column in our mist that we'd do so at our peril.
    Firstly, don't jump to conclusions. I know that a lot of people concerned have friends or relatives there, it's only natural for them to be concerned. And this is only one of a number of reasons.
    Secondly, just because you don't perceive these options to be equal in value doesn't mean everyone else does. For some people it's like asking "if you had to kill one of your parents, which one would it be?".
    I really suggest you do your research properly next time before sharing such a narrow minded view.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.