The Student Room Group

Do you have any university choice regrets??

Does anyone here wish they hadn't chosen their current university or regret not choosing another?
Original post by BlackMarch
Does anyone here wish they hadn't chosen their current university or regret not choosing another?

I have no regrets about choosing mine through clearing 3 years ago as turns out it was the wrong career choice but having a HND from my 1st uni course has given me something to fall back on.
Partly, but I think it's a bit too easy to blame the university. I dropped out of my old uni because I didn't enjoy the uni or the course, but I still think it's a good uni. I just think if I had put in a little bit more effort I would have got a lot more out of it and enjoyed it a lot more. The town was a bit of a dump though so I am glad I'm moving to a big city.
Absolutely zero regrets. Coming to the uni I did was the best decision I ever made. Wouldn't change a single thing
I regretted all of mines through lack of research and I applied through UCAS Extra. I do want to go to the UNI I applied through UCAS Extra. It sounds perfect for me.
Yah. I regretted picking my offer of Oxford over UCL because of prestige.

I loved the UCL course content and was all psyched to go (not thinking I'd ever get an offer from Ox) it killed me to not be doing the actual practical part of the course (Egyptian Archaeology).
Anyhow I dropped out of Oxford, wished I'd gone to UCL and took a gap year to work out what to do (actually.. 2) and am now just finishing my degree somewhere completely different doing something completely different.

Swings and roundabouts.

Quick Reply

Latest