Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If the UK leaves the EU should we still be in Eurovision? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The UK always end up right down at the bottom of the leader board, we only get in the contest because we are one of the top 5 contributors.
    David Cameron has said Britain will still be in the Eurovision Song Contest even if we leave the EU.
    What does anyone else think? Personally I think it's biased as even when we have a good act we get low scores. I would love to come out of the competition or at least stop contributing so much!

ReputationRep:
    Australia much?

ReputationRep:
    Eurovision has got nothing to do with the EU....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spirited-Sleeper)
    The UK always end up right down at the bottom of the leader board, we only get in the contest because we are one of the top 5 contributors.
    David Cameron has said Britain will still be in the Eurovision Song Contest even if we leave the EU.
    What does anyone else think? Personally I think it's biased as even when we have a good act we get low scores. I would love to come out of the competition or at least stop contributing so much!

ReputationRep:
    Australia and Israel are in it. Why are we always at the bottom though.? Our song was better than the winner's (even though I liked the political message of their song).

ReputationRep:
    Leaving Eurovision was the best reason to leave though.

ReputationRep:
    EU is not Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE EPIC Panda)
    Australia much?
    I can't believe they had the cheek to be in it again, after it was supposedly a one off. It's Eurovision not Worldovision!

(Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Australia and Israel are in it. Why are we always at the bottom though.? Our song was better than the winner's (even though I liked the political message of their song).
    I also really enjoyed our song and thought it didn't deserve to get such a low score. Unfortunately we can never win because of how biased it has all become...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzanomics)
    Eurovision has got nothing to do with the EU....
    (Original post by AIDS Skrillex)
    EU is not Europe.
    EU = European Union, which we are in, and we are having a referendum in June to possibly come out of Europe, therefore the EU and so you would think we'd be leaving Eurovision too if we did leave Europe.

Get educated guys.... it's politics

ReputationRep:
    EU = European Union, which we are in, and we are having a referendum in June to possibly come out of Europe, therefore the EU and so you would think we'd be leaving Eurovision too if we did leave Europe.

Genuinely can't tell if you're joking or not.

Edit: I'll take the bait.

We are having a referendum on whether or not we should stay in the European Union. In the off-chance that we do vote to leave, we will still be in the continent of Europe, our fair isles aren't just going to float away into the Atlanic Ocean.

The EU and Eurovision aren't connected in any way, Ukraine (this year's winners) aren't in the EU, and there are countries from the Middle East (Israel) that take part too. The result of the referendum will not have any impact on whether or not we stop taking part in Eurovision.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    :curious:

ReputationRep:

True. Personally I think we should join America if we vote to leave, become the 51st state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzanomics)
    Genuinely can't tell if you're joking or not.

Edit: I'll take the bait.

We are having a referendum on whether or not we should stay in the European Union. In the off-chance that we do vote to leave, we will still be in the continent of Europe, our fair isles aren't just going to float away into the Atlanic Ocean.

The EU and Eurovision aren't connected in any way, Ukraine (this year's winners) aren't in the EU, and there are countries from the Middle East (Israel) that take part too. The result of the referendum will not have any impact on whether or not we stop taking part in Eurovision.
    I'm not saying our Geography will change but we wouldn't be in Europe technically if we do decide to leave. Jus' sayin'
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and maybe you'll never know if I'm serious or not:ahee:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.